HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I guess that's it for me tonight.

Tomorrow's games have more spacing between them. There's 4.

2 pm: Carolina @ NYI

5 pm: Florida @ Tampa Bay

8 pm: Boston @ Toronto

10:30 pm: Dallas @ Vegas

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Lowry
5Msd2W6.png

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Not sure he's better than Price right now let alone when he played. Insanely overrated player.
just convinces me further that goalie is not a position you optimize for when building a team. the position is just too random, you can have a Vezina candidate for 82 games that just gets absolutely lit up during the post-season.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
just convinces me further that goalie is not a position you optimize for when building a team. the position is just too random, you can have a Vezina candidate for 82 games that just gets absolutely lit up during the post-season.

Just draft winners at the position. People love to pretend goaltending is complicated because they have no idea how to evaluate it, just take players who win at every level. At that position, you have to be at your best when your best is required. It's a mentality position IMO.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Not if you draft the right goalie. Price was always good in the playoffs even when he wasn't in the regular season.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Just draft winners at the position. People love to pretend goaltending is complicated because they have no idea how to evaluate it, just take players who win at every level. At that position, you have to be at your best when your best is required. It's a mentality position IMO.
i'm not saying goaltending is complicated, i'm saying it's not complicated. it's completely random, really, so spend your assets on other positions which are more likely to yield results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad