HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Sounds like a satire headline from the onion

I don’t believe it, aint no way this dude missed 3 playoff games and possibly 4 because of migraines.

Then again how much can you trust the media.

But then again I believe it, it’s the Leafs.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I don’t believe it, aint no way this dude missed 3 playoff games and possibly 4 because of migraines.

Then again how much can you trust the media.

But then again I believe it, it’s the Leafs.
Do you not understand what severe migraines are? If he is getting them more frequenlty than he has been there is something wrong. A concussion or something else.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This was always the issue. Most people didn't question the Tavares signing at the time, but many people did voice some concerns about whether they really needed him, and the issues with the cap going forward. Those concerns, which mostly looked at the later years of the contract, were dismissed. The issues with the signing started to sprout right away, though, such as needing to trade Marleau for a 1st rounder.

This is a lesson for all teams. Ottawa didn't learn their lesson, and neither did the media, when the Sens signed all those vet forwards. Everyone proclaimed that the summer of Dorion, and it has been a disaster.

Team construction is the most important thing in hockey. You don't take/sign a huge contract just for the sake of it. This isn't like the draft where BPA should rule all.

Yup, and that first for Marleau ended up quite high. It was the Lafreniere draft where the NHL cut the season short then later had the Covid tournament that led to a play-in. Toronto lost their play-in to Columbus in 5 games, and because of that "didn't make the playoffs", so gave up the 13th OA pick to Carolina, which they used to draft Seth Jarvis.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
As long as those f***ers at Amazon know the Habs don't like or do Mondays.

NHL generally doesn't do Mondays during the fall because of Monday Night Football. That's why it was always Wednesday Night Hockey in the States.

Weird day to put it on, but I guess it's just Canadian teams?

Reactions: Rapala

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Get the oversized golf carts ready...

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 6.22.23 PM.png

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yep Tampa is on the decline for sure and Brisebois has traded alot of the future in the process.

I would have loved for Bergevin to do that when Price was in his prime. Sometimes, the future doesn't matter and the present takes precedent. It gave them two cups and three straight cup finals. They've been at least to the conference finals 6 times since 2015. Crazy success.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would have loved for Bergevin to do that when Price was in his prime. Sometimes, the future doesn't matter and the present takes precedent. It gave them two cups and three straight cup finals. They've been at least to the conference finals 6 times since 2015. Crazy success.
Can't argue with the success but it's time to pay the piper, no picks in the 1st 4 rounds of the 2024 draft. I do agree with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad