HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Who's everyone cheering for in the Boston-Toronto series?
I'd like it if the B's knock off the Leafs in round 1 and then get flushed in round 2.

If the Leafs though can get even decent goaltending and somewhat consistent play from 34, 16, 88, and 91 I think they have a very good chance of winning that 1st round series vs the B's unfortunately.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Nobody. I will never bring myself to cheer for Boston, even if it's against the Leafs. I don't like Toronto's arrogance, but my hate for the Bruins runs decades. Never have I seen another fanbase genuinely want players to get seriously hurt. Leafs fans are just goofy, not disgusting.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

Man that whole press conference was embarrassing.
cringe.gif

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Man that whole press conference was embarrassing. View attachment 855504
The whole thing was an exercice of saving face and it showed. They still can’t come out and say it, that they had a wrong and bad strategy to make it work after the last 15 years of total debacle. They only dug deeper. Still to come up with an « inactive » franchise is classic BS sweet talk from these guys.

Reactions: Leto

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

"The expenses were greatly exceeding the revenues" that could be said by a LOT of teams in the NHL but the cap and revenue sharing saves them. I would love to know for example how much money the Predators are making if we are talking about from their city or their state alone. I don't think that many big time companies are falling on themselves to buy seats. Hockey is small business there. It's all about the NFL.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I wouldn't call it cheering. It's about who you want to see lose more.

The leafs have put together an impressive streak of playoff futility in the matthews era, so it will be a more intriguing story to see that legacy continue. This is like 8 years into this era already.

The team I'm cheering for most is probably the jets, but I'd like to see the Canucks do well too. It would be fun seeing ovechkin turn back the clock too

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Boston is shallow at center so the Leafs should have the advantage there but the Bruins have better defense and goaltending. The Leafs biggest issue to overcome lies within. It's great that Matthews can be the leagues best scorer in the regular season but he needs to do it in the playoffs and not crumble under the pressure. That said, it might end up being Domi, Bertuzzi and Nylander that lead the way.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I think Leafs win this series.
Boston are pretenders.
However I will always root against Leafs, just to shut up their fans and media. You know we will be hearing about ‘Papi’ during every other series.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Leafs win this series.
Boston are pretenders.
However I will always root against Leafs, just to shut up their fans and media. You know we will be hearing about ‘Papi’ during every other series.
Boston D and goalies will prevail. Toronto has too many holes.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Gustave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad