HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
He signed as a UFA mid-ish season.
Yup, it's the playoffs where I figure out where everyone ended up haha

Lehkonen is a force out there. I think we made a mistake moving him tbh and I was fully on board when it happened.
We undervalued him, but I was fine with the deal even if not looking that great right now

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Varlamov is 35 years old. Though if one can be a GM at 81 maybe Varlamov can be goalie 3 more years.
both would be serious trade chips. but i could see a trade like Sorokin to Wild for Wallstedt, Faber and a 1st. If islanders are confident in Varly for a few more years, they could bolster their roster for their present window whatever they think that is

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
both would be serious trade chips. but i could see a trade like Sorokin to Wild for Wallstedt, Faber and a 1st. If islanders are confident in Varly for a few more years, they could bolster their roster for their present window whatever they think that is

There's absolutely no way Minnesota would do that.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Wallstedt is better than Sorokin. And Fleury is there for another year. By then Wallstedt is ready. They aren't trading their best defenseman either

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Why? I don’t think our cap is an issue, unless I’m missing something.

Plus, the Yotes don’t exist anymore so no more free space anywhere

Yeah, the teams that used Arizona as a cap dump are screwed. Chicago doesn't seem to want to do that. No one else is going to use their cap space that way. Maybe San Jose, they have a ton of space now & are still rebuilding.

We don't need to trade Price anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad