HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Great final 4 shaping up

NYR vs FLA will be a great one. Lots of talent and good goalies.

DAL vs VAN would be a good series, and I think Vancouver might find a way past Dallas in a bit of playoff magic, but it would be a better matchup than EDM, who I think would be murdered by Dallas' depth. It would take a McDrai masterclass night in/out to win that one.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Great final 4 shaping up

NYR vs FLA will be a great one. Lots of talent and good goalies.

DAL vs VAN would be a good series, and I think Vancouver might find a way past Dallas in a bit of playoff magic, but it would be a better matchup than EDM, who I think would be murdered by Dallas' depth. It would take a McDrai masterclass night in/out to win that one.
Is Hintz supposed to make a comeback soon?

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Until their exit last year, leafs fans and management never understood the value of playing solid D in the PO, it was all about " teams with the most offensive skill win championship". During our run in 2021, their fans couldn't understand how a team (Habs) with so little scoring talent made it to the SCF. Only this year, in the playoffs and not even during the regular season, did they see the value of having an Edmundson, who's not flashy, who does not score many goals, but f*** he can be effective at shutting down the offense of the opposing team. had they had a few more gritty players on their roster, and fewer "Marners," well, hey now.
How many 2-1 games have we seen in the last few weeks? It`s such a different game in the playoffs, need guys who win battles all over the ice. And guys who are committed to the team game.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Berbube, Shanahan and Treliving walk into a bar - June 20, 2024

Shanahan - So......what do we do about God?
Berube - God? I'm not very religious
Treliving - He's asking us about Marner. He's a God around these parts
Berube - Ohhhh......well, I think I can get to him. Give me a shot.
Treliving - He is on a short leash. The fans want him gone. Are you sure you can get to him Chief?
Berube - I think so.
Shanahan - I'm glad we sorted that out.....it's all part of the "Shanaplan". Who wants a broken down golf cart?

Hotstove Scotiabank Arena - January 28, 2025

Shanahan - it's time to start thinking of our TDL strategy.
Treliving - Well, we have a number of UFA's the biggest being Mitch....but I've already been in talks with his Dad, and I am confident he is going to re-sign with us.
Shanahan - What's the number?
Treliving - He wants somewhere between Auston and Willy?
Berube - From ice level, I think he is earning it. Top 5 in scoring, and playing a defensively responsible game.
Shanahan - It never looks good trading a God. Chief....you've really changed the culture here. I would hate to lose Mitch, seeing what he has just become.
Treliving - so we either trade Mitch now for a huge return, or I think we get that deal signed before TDL. We really can't risk him walking in the off-season. I think Mitch helps us win the cup this year.....core 4 baby. What do you guys think?
Shanahan - the plan baby....sign.
Berube - sign
Treliving - unanimous then.....I'll call Paul.
Shanahan - round of shirley temples?

May 1st, 2025 - Atlantis Beach Resort.- Bahamas

Nostrils - Whats the plan today Mitch?
God - well, I think I'm going to hit the links, and then go try that slide that goes underwater through all the fish. You?
Nostrils - I've got a jet ski lined up
Willy - me too!
Pajama Boy - ah shit - you guys have too much fun. The wife and I are leaving the kids with the nanny going on a sunset catamaran on Richard Branson's mini yacht.
God - ditch the wife and come ride waterslide with me?
Pajama Boy - do you think this is a good idea boys....I mean, we just lost in the first round to the Habs. Fans might not like it!
God - well.....we are GODSSSSSS!
Pajama Boy - true....thank god I signed for another 6 years. Didn't think they would give me that much, especially at 9.2 million.
Nostrils - you earned it my Captain
Willy - skibidi
God - shot of grey goose anyone?
Pajama Boy - I don't drink
Nostrils - sure....does it have those little gold flakes in it?
Willy - I need the courage to rizz those girls over there....pour!
God - whew.....decent! Let's do this again next year...k?
Willy - for shizzle ma :eek::eek::eek::eek:le
Pajama Boy - same time same place?
Nostrils - of course!

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
BOS out after they eliminated TOR is the best case outcome — keep’s TOR’s pathetic streak going and gives BOS an inferior draft pick.

Reactions: waitin425

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Berbube, Shanahan and Treliving walk into a bar - June 20, 2024

Shanahan - So......what do we do about God?
Berube - God? I'm not very religious
Treliving - He's asking us about Marner. He's a God around these parts
Berube - Ohhhh......well, I think I can get to him. Give me a shot.
Treliving - He is on a short leash. The fans want him gone. Are you sure you can get to him Chief?
Berube - I think so.
Shanahan - I'm glad we sorted that out.....it's all part of the "Shanaplan". Who wants a broken down golf cart?

Hotstove Scotiabank Arena - January 28, 2025

Shanahan - it's time to start thinking of our TDL strategy.
Treliving - Well, we have a number of UFA's the biggest being Mitch....but I've already been in talks with his Dad, and I am confident he is going to re-sign with us.
Shanahan - What's the number?
Treliving - He wants somewhere between Auston and Willy?
Berube - From ice level, I think he is earning it. Top 5 in scoring, and playing a defensively responsible game.
Shanahan - It never looks good trading a God. Chief....you've really changed the culture here. I would hate to lose Mitch, seeing what he has just become.
Treliving - so we either trade Mitch now for a huge return, or I think we get that deal signed before TDL. We really can't risk him walking in the off-season. I think Mitch helps us win the cup this year.....core 4 baby. What do you guys think?
Shanahan - the plan baby....sign.
Berube - sign
Treliving - unanimous then.....I'll call Paul.
Shanahan - round of shirley temples?

May 1st, 2025 - Atlantis Beach Resort.- Bahamas

Nostrils - Whats the plan today Mitch?
God - well, I think I'm going to hit the links, and then go try that slide that goes underwater through all the fish. You?
Nostrils - I've got a jet ski lined up
Willy - me too!
Pajama Boy - ah shit - you guys have too much fun. The wife and I are leaving the kids with the nanny going on a sunset catamaran on Richard Branson's mini yacht.
God - ditch the wife and come ride waterslide with me?
Pajama Boy - do you think this is a good idea boys....I mean, we just lost in the first round to the Habs. Fans might not like it!
God - well.....we are GODSSSSSS!
Pajama Boy - true....thank god I signed for another 6 years. Didn't think they would give me that much, especially at 9.2 million.
Nostrils - you earned it my Captain
Willy - skibidi
God - shot of grey goose anyone?
Pajama Boy - I don't drink
Nostrils - sure....does it have those little gold flakes in it?
Willy - I need the courage to rizz those girls over there....pour!
God - whew.....decent! Let's do this again next year...k?
Willy - for shizzle ma :eek::eek::eek::eek:le
Pajama Boy - same time same place?
Nostrils - of course!
“Honey, I had this amazing dream… I think God was there… gotta write this all down on HF before I forget.”

• Haha
Reactions: waitin425

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad