HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Bruins have the better goaltending and D. Leafs have more offence.

Bruins are now younger and the Leafs finally got the playoff series win monkey off their back last year.

The Bruins always seem like a tough out, if they could shut down Matthews and Marner the way the Habs did in 2021 like their chances. Leafs will need some goaltending to win.

Should be fun.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bruins have the better goaltending and D. Leafs have more offence.

Bruins are now younger and the Leafs finally got the playoff series win monkey off their back last year.

The Bruins always seem like a tough out, if they could shut down Matthews and Marner the way the Habs did in 2021 like their chances. Leafs will need some goaltending to win.

Should be fun.
Both are pretenders

Reactions: McGees

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The Bruins have had the Leafs number in the playoffs the last few times they met. Even if it goes to 7; i give the edge to the Bruins.

Toronto beat Tampa last year and I like their forward group better this year as they have more depth scoring and have spread out Matthews, Nylander and Marner on different lines
Tampa could have won that series with decent goaltending. I don't think the Bruins will be that generous.

Reactions: Chili

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
The Bruins have had the Leafs number in the playoffs the last few times they met. Even if it goes to 7; i give the edge to the Bruins.

Tampa could have won that series with decent goaltending. I don't think the Bruins will be that generous.
Technically, every team has the Leafs number in the playoffs, since they only won one round in the past 2000 years lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Toronto with elite talent up front, an average D Corp and marginal goal tending. A true pretender.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
For sure. They have very similar teams, but the Sorokin is probably the best goaltender on the planet. If he gets his MOJO in, he's a gigantic X factor.
That's what I am thinking as well, Islanders seems to be difficult to play against when they are on and that could serve them well in the PO:s.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I hope the Florida Panthers absolutely embarass the TB Lighting. I want to see them humiliated.

The battle of Florida should be a fun one. I think one of these two are going back to the finals again.

Dirty Bruins vs Leafs Nation will be hilarious. Can't wait for all the drama.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I hate the PO matchups so far.

So many lose-lose scenario. Boston or Toronto, FLA or TB, NYR getting the easy matchup, EDM or Vegas.

Ew. Ill be rooting for the Preds, Canes and Avs.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

So many lose-lose scenario. Boston or Toronto, FLA or TB, NYR getting the easy matchup, EDM or Vegas.

I love them. Should be many close series which is exactly what a fan with their team out of the playoffs should want.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I won’t cheer for the Leafs per se…. But I will cheer against Boston. As a gen-Xer, hating the Bruins is a major part of my formative years. I hate them so much…
This gets my vote. Last year we had Florida's pick so I should've been cheering for Boston to beat them. But when Florida won I jumped up and fistpumped a hole through Earth's atmosphere. F*** the Bruins, especially last year with their fake 'Best Season'.

This year I see the Laffs taking them in 6. Then, if there's a god, they lose in round-2.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
This gets my vote. Last year we had Florida's pick so I should've been cheering for Boston to beat them. But when Florida won I jumped up and fistpumped a hole through Earth's atmosphere. F*** the Bruins, especially last year with their fake 'Best Season'.

This year I see the Laffs taking them in 6. Then, if there's a god, they lose in round-2.
go bruins have to shut up TSN and SN and the rest of fig nation

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
bruins better not be to cocky and just take care of business. we see I guess
Who cares? Neither one is winning the Cup. Glad Pittsburgh is out. They screwed up last season so let Crosby never see the playoffs again and help Canada at the world Championship.

Only the Canes will make it out of the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad