HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
I just realized that if I were an active nhl player today, I'd be the oldest in the league.

I actually meant to track this line as I got older but it sneaks up on you quickly. I'm guessing I crossed the line at some point this past off season.

Edit: I ended up trying to pinpoint when I became older than everyone, and it seems like it would be April 13, 2023, when Craig Anderson called it a career.

Hello darkness my only friend......
As long as Jagr is playing somewhere we're good...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Don't recall ever having a voting opportunity to get rid of, or show my support for Molson...

Pretty thin logic to claim they are even remotely similar.

An adult surprised by price gouging at an entertainment venue either has never been to a movie theatre, or has never been paying attention to the world they live in.

Either way, the best solution is quite evidently not to spend another penny supporting something they are so appalled by.

If you need someone else to tell you that 20$ for a watered down beer and another 20$ for a handful of fries is a rip off... You've got bigger problems.

Sorry, but I don't buy your rational in the slightest. There are far too many real world problems and instances of unecessary suffering all around us to have even a second of concern for a wealthy individual complaining about getting ripped off by even wealthier individuals... I don't have a small enough violin for that :naughty:

You seem mystified that people are complaining about stuff online, yet here you are… complaining about stuff online.

I'd suggest taking your own advice: "There are far too many real world problems and instances of unecessary suffering all around us" to spend time gatekeeping which feelings and topics we should express on social media. Arena food is a ripoff. Before you object to me saying that, remember the sun will run out of fuel in a few billion years.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I just realized that if I were an active nhl player today, I'd be the oldest in the league.

I actually meant to track this line as I got older but it sneaks up on you quickly. I'm guessing I crossed the line at some point this past off season.

Edit: I ended up trying to pinpoint when I became older than everyone, and it seems like it would be April 13, 2023, when Craig Anderson called it a career.

Hello darkness my only friend......
Welcome to the darkside. At some point you make peace with age. I finally realized I wasn't making the NHL when I passed Gordie Howe a few years back.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You seem mystified that people are complaining about stuff online, yet here you are… complaining about stuff online.
Nope, no mystery about complaining at all... Like opinions, not all complaints are the same just because they are complaints.

I'd suggest taking your own advice: "There are far too many real world problems and instances of unecessary suffering all around us" to spend time gatekeeping which feelings and topics we should express on social media. Arena food is a ripoff. Before you object to me saying that, remember the sun will run out of fuel in a few billion years.
Maybe you can take that advice yourself Mr. Gatekeeper.

Yes, arena food is a rip off. (Seems like you seriously misunderstand what I stated).

In other news, water is wet.

If one doesn't want to get wet, don't go for a swim.
If one doesn't want to be ripped off, don't buy food at a pro arena.
Pretty simple fix really :dunno:

Not sure what's so hard for you to understand, but I doubt any further discussion will help with that. Enjoy your day!

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Nope, no mystery about complaining at all... Like opinions, not all complaints are the same just because they are complaints.

Maybe you can take that advice yourself Mr. Gatekeeper.

Yes, arena food is a rip off. (Seems like you seriously misunderstand what I stated).

In other news, water is wet.

If one doesn't want to get wet, don't go for a swim.
If one doesn't want to be ripped off, don't buy food at a pri arena.
Pretty simple fix really :dunno:

Not sure what's so hard for you to understand, but I doubt any further discussion will with that. Enjoy your day!
You're complaining on social media about people complaining on social media. And no, your particular complaints are not of a higher order. You're just complaining.

Thanks for informing us that owners are greedy, arena food is expensive, and there are real-world problems. In other groundbreaking news, hockey is just a game. Maybe we should pause all non-essential chatter on this site until you feel everyone’s posts are properly contextualized.

Awaiting your word on the fate of this board.

Reactions: Goalfield22

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You're complaining on social media about people complaining on social media. And no, your particular complaints are not of a higher order. You're just complaining.
Irony is lost on you I see.
Thanks for informing us that owners are greedy, arena food is expensive, and there are real-world problems. In other groundbreaking news, hockey is just a game. Maybe we should pause all non-essential chatter on this site until you feel everyone’s posts are properly contextualized.

:lol:

Pot. Kettle. But you do you.

Clearly something is triggering you, but I fail to see what you are actually complaining about as you aren't addressing my point in the least.

Enjoy the fries 🍟

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

It’d be less painful if the food in the arenas were actually good.

But that’s a whole other issue.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Amusing drama continues in Philadelphia as Daniel Briere accuses Ryan Johansen of pretending to be injured to avoid going to the AHL. Who’s the next GM to throw a player, albeit a cap dumped one, or former scout under the bus? Glad we run a tighter ship than that in Montreal.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I paid $16 USD for one tall boy beer at a Florida Panthers game in 2016. Arena food and beverages have been a rip off in most places outside of a few for a long time. Unless you’re on vacation willing to waste a few extra bucks, just stay away from the concession stands.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Irony is lost on you I see.

:lol:

Pot. Kettle. But you do you.

Clearly something is triggering you, but I fail to see what you are actually complaining about as you aren't addressing my point in the least.

Enjoy the fries 🍟
You've dragged this conversation into a Twilight Zone where we must be mindful of world issues before posting about food. I have no idea what point you think you're making, but quite obviously it wasn't made.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You've dragged this conversation into a Twilight Zone where we must be mindful of world issues before posting about food. I have no idea what point you think you're making, but quite obviously it wasn't made.
?
Dude, you're the one who went off on weird tangents trying, unsuccessfully, to pull in municipal politics lol

You don't get why it's silly to complain about overpriced food that one can easily simply not purchase. Others do. Some things are just too complicated, no big deal. Move on.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I paid $16 USD for one tall boy beer at a Florida Panthers game in 2016. Arena food and beverages have been a rip off in most places outside of a few for a long time. Unless you’re on vacation willing to waste a few extra bucks, just stay away from the concession stands.
Funny - a few years before 2016, Florida was a relatively cheap option. In 2010, I got seats near the Habs bench for my kids and then wife for a total cost of about $400 CDN. Food was also reasonable. Not surprised to hear prices caught up shortly after.

My brother in Toronto goes to games in Buffalo because it's much cheaper, even with travel. I wonder how much difference there still is between markets.

I'm pretty chill with ticket prices, even in big markets, because you know what you're getting in advance. Same with food, to an extent, except it's not always clear how overpriced it is and whether it's any good. Obviously we pay a premium to eat at the arena, but there's a point when a premium becomes an outright gouging. For me, that point is when they can't be bothered to at least offer decent food for the cost.

It’d be less painful if the food in the arenas were actually good.

But that’s a whole other issue.
Yeah, that's my thing - halfway decent quality. I'm more forgiving of being punched in my wallet than my digestive tract.
?
Dude, you're the one who went off on weird tangents trying, unsuccessfully, to pull in municipal politics lol

You don't get why it's silly to complain about overpriced food that one can easily simply not purchase. Others do. Some things are just too complicated, no big deal. Move on.
People vent online about everything – taxes, roads, the weather, their in-laws, even hockey. It's all the same – idle talk with no expectations of change. In the grand scheme of things it may be "Silly" to opine over things we can't change, but we don't live in the grand scheme of anything. Until something more profound comes along, we're stuck with mundane silliness here in a thread on a message board on a Tuesday morning.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Funny - a few years before 2016, Florida was a relatively cheap option. In 2010, I got seats near the Habs bench for my kids and then wife for a total cost of about $400 CDN. Food was also reasonable. Not surprised to hear prices caught up shortly after.

My brother in Toronto goes to games in Buffalo because it's much cheaper, even with travel. I wonder how much difference there still is between markets.

I'm pretty chill with ticket prices, even in big markets, because you know what you're getting in advance. Same with food, to an extent, except it's not always clear how overpriced it is and whether it's any good. Obviously we pay a premium to eat at the arena, but there's a point when a premium becomes an outright gouging. For me, that point is when they can't be bothered to at least offer decent food for the cost.
I think the tickets I got for that Florida game were $88 CDN a piece and they were lower level near center ice. The tickets were fair. Lol it was the concession stands that were crazy. When I used to travel a lot for games, California was my favourite option. The tickets were around $80 a piece as well and you got two beers for each seat. I’ve stayed away from games in Canada for awhile now unless I get free tickets when the Habs are in Edmonton threw work. The prices are out of control. I can take a week vacation to California and catch 2/3 games for the price it would cost just to buy tickets to an Edmonton Oilers or Calgary Flames game.

Reactions: Lshap and Deebs

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
The out of town is slowly becoming an economic thread, cool i kind of like debating on different subject so i'll chip in.

I'm a crazy hockey fan but i would never spend 200 dollars to go see a hockey game when we can see all of them on subscribe tv channel. and yes complaining about it is a bit silly compared to the ones who cant barely pay their electricity bills cuz you know for them consuming electricity is not a choice

Reactions: habbubba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad