Out of town scoreboard VI: Playoff discussion - another Caps collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Caps are such a mess in the offensive zone tonight. Countless blown chances because they can't handle passes.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The core absolutely should be broken up if they lose this game.

How much can they really break the core up though? It kind of reminds me of that summer Doug Wilson said the Sharks were rebuilding, but then basically did nothing because he really couldn't.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How much can they really break the core up though? It kind of reminds me of that summer Doug Wilson said the Sharks were rebuilding, but then basically did nothing because he really couldn't.

I don't even think an apologize to the fans tour is going to appease them, the way Doug did with Sharks fans :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Hire DeBoer? :sarcasm:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I feel like I'm watching Groundhog Day on VHS.

These poor, poor, Washington Capitals fans.

I can't even imagine what it would have been like if during our golden years the team choked every year in the playoffs and we never won any Cups.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel like I'm watching Groundhog Day on VHS.

These poor, poor, Washington Capitals fans.

I need to dig through my photobucket account for Ned Ryerson haha.

A few scenes where the Caps run into Ned Ryerson would be legendary.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
They need to make a big blockbuster trade to change up the makeup of this team. They've stuck with this core for too long.

I'd honestly consider trading Ovi. They'll never win with him

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can't even imagine what it would have been like if during our golden years the team choked every year in the playoffs and we never won any Cups.

We got a SLIGHT taste of that from '96-99...but we'd still won in '95. I really can't imagine Caps fans pain though being a New York Jet fan is close, most of the time the Jets are just inept, the Caps are the ultimate **** tease.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They need to make a big blockbuster trade to change up the makeup of this team. They've stuck with this core for too long.

I'd honestly consider trading Ovi. They'll never win with him

How could you even trade him in an equivalent deal? His cap figure of nearly $10 million makes it hard to match...I mean they could trade him to Vegas with McPhee there but for what, the #6 overall and a bunch of expansion pick fodder?

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
We got a SLIGHT taste of that from '96-99...but we'd still won in '95. I really can't imagine Caps fans pain though being a New York Jet fan is close, most of the time the Jets are just inept, the Caps are the ultimate **** tease.

Just thinking this. The 98 and 99 playoffs were brutal. All was forgotten soon enough, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad