Out of Town Scoreboard V: Playoff scores and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So much fail on the play. From Ovechkin to Holtby.

Team Russia is about to get better at the World Championships.

He's probably already got a bag packed.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What do they even do? They can't add to this core anymore than they have.

Do you just try again, or blow it up?

I wonder if they get participation ribbons just for coming back from 3-1 and forcing a game 7? And a mulligan for this one.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

They have to do something. It's a darn good core but the end goal is to win the cup, if they haven't been able to even get past the 2nd round with the rosters they've had over the years then something needs to be changed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Nothing you can really do with Ovi making a gazillion dollars. Trade Backstrom? I don't know if that's gonna solve their issues though you could deal him in a real hockey trade. They've already tried four different coaches.

Holtby's certainly been infected by Caps playoff disease which he really hadn't been in prior years, that's even more unsettling.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ

They have to make some changes just losing 3-4 guys of consequence.

That said, this series alone makes me very interested in seeing if Oshie would be interested in coming to Newark.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Penguins with a lead tonight and Ottawa with a lead last night, such a difference in terms of approach (and talent).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It goes to show you that you can put together the best team in the league for multiple years and have nothing to show for it.

Good news in relation to us it shows that building a super power house isn't really required. Just get good enough to make the dance and see what happens.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
They have to make some changes just losing 3-4 guys of consequence.

That said, this series alone makes me very interested in seeing if Oshie would be interested in coming to Newark.

Is he coming with Backstrom and Ovechkin bc if not be prepared to be disappointed lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was going to say the Capitals are the Sharks of the east, but the Sharks actually got past the second round a few times.

I called the Caps underachieving on the main board back when they were down 2-1 to the Leafs in that series and was targeted because of my Marleau Sharks playoff avatar. :laugh:

The fact of the matter is that the Sharks have been to the SCF about 18 years more recently and have been to the conference finals 4 times since the last time the Capitals have. At this point I think the Capitals are more of the model of underachievement. They have yet to allow the reverse sweep though, which is shocking, unlike the Sharks.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
It goes to show you that you can put together the best team in the league for multiple years and have nothing to show for it.

Good news in relation to us it shows that building a super power house isn't really required. Just get good enough to make the dance and see what happens.

An for the conspiracy theorists around here, budget teams can compete I.E. Ottawa

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
fire Trotz and hire Sutter, re-tool a little bit and try again. It's not like their window is closed quite yet

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
An for the conspiracy theorists around here, budget teams can compete I.E. Ottawa

Young talent clicks and you make the playoffs and who knows what happens.

Brings some optimism. It would take a lot of tanking and luck and time to put together a roster on paper that is equivalent to this Caps team, but playoffs constantly prove you don't have to.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Capitals don't even look like they've come out this period. They look like the Pens from last game in this period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad