Out of Town Scoreboard V: Playoff scores and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
You obviously don't live in PA.

All I can hope for now is that Sid is done for the remainder of the playoffs. If that's the case, then Nashville can take them out. Honestly, at this point, if the Sens blow it I'd rather the rags beat the pens because I don't see them beating Nashville.

Nope I don't, nor would I ever. PA sucks. I live close enough to the border where their **** drivers invade my area and cause a ton of accidents.

All I'm saying is Caps fans are the most disrespectful and annoying fans to come to the rock. Every year they try to start **** and are so obnoxious, but they have nothing to back it up with except a few presidents trophies and 2nd round knock outs.

DC sports fans are absolutely unbearable. Much worse than Pens fans.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the only reason the pens are still in this game is fleury. which is weird because me think fleury bad. and rinne bad. but lundqvist good? me don't know what to think

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Props to pens DJ for opening the OT with Slayer lol

Never hear that in an arena

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was drifting in and out of sleep during this game.

I remember looking at the TV and seeing 2-0 Caps with like 6 minutes left or something and figured they were gonna win.

Then I woke up for good and figured it was the post game, but I heard them say OT and wasn't even shocked that they blew a 2-0 lead in a matter of minutes.

Almost as fast as they blow a 2 game lead in the series to the Rangers.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
That could've been really bad for Fleury with Johansson's skates coming up high like that

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hope Pittsburgh wins next game.

Can't stand the Capitals. Hate them ever since their last epic chokejob to the Rangers.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How obvious was the penalty? I figured the only thing they'd dare call on the Pens in OT was the delay of game lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That price just went up for Shatty.

Pitts is in serious trouble if Crosby is out long.

The Rags will pull off a win in their series.

Pittsburgh is gonna lose this one.

You know what that means next round.

Buckle up for the Rags in the SCF.

Just preemptively wanted to be the first to say it, so you can't be the first if the Rangers win tomorrow night.:sarcasm:

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
How obvious was the penalty? I figured the only thing they'd dare call on the Pens in OT was the delay of game lol

Tripped them on a partial breakaway, I forget who Daley tripped. If it wasn't called there would be some serious questions being asked about the refs lol

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I guess getting a new team psychiatrist for this game worked out well for the caps lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean really now it's no Crosby, no Murray and no Letang. If the Caps can't win THIS series, they'll never beat the Pens in any of our lifetimes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Trotz is like Boudreau when it comes to winning in the playoffs.

I wouldn't really hold Nashville against him though.

Were they really good enough to get further than they did when he was there? Maybe one of those years. I think it was 07 or 08 when they had a pretty good team. I think it was 07, which was the year the Sharks knocked them off quite easily in 5 games.

In 07-08 they didn't have a bad team at all, but their goaltending tandem was Chris Mason and Dan Ellis. Ellis played good in the playoffs, but they got eliminated in 6 games by Detroit after they took out Hasek and put in Osgood. They were split at 2 games a piece when they switched Hasek with Osgood.

Pretty much EVERYBODY on the team and associated with the team should be on notice if they lose this series though. Nobody should be safe after this, if they don't come back to win this series. They showed a lot of weaknesses against Toronto. They should have won that in 5 games, but they dicked around and it went 6. After quite a few OT games and one of them lasting 1.5 OT's and losing it anyway.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nope I don't, nor would I ever. PA sucks. I live close enough to the border where their **** drivers invade my area and cause a ton of accidents.

All I'm saying is Caps fans are the most disrespectful and annoying fans to come to the rock. Every year they try to start **** and are so obnoxious, but they have nothing to back it up with except a few presidents trophies and 2nd round knock outs.

DC sports fans are absolutely unbearable. Much worse than Pens fans.

:laugh: I feel the same way, but with NJ and NY drivers invading. NYers **** up lots of other things around here too.

But I digress. Every fanbase has **** fans. They also have good ones. The more fans you're exposed to, the more good ones you'll find, but also the more bad ones. And you're way more likely to remember one really obnoxious one than 5 really respectful ones. So it's all a matter of how many of those fans you deal with. I deal with way more pens fans than Caps fans, so I deal with a lot more douchy or clueless pens fans than Caps fans.

But it's not even the fans. It's the blatant league favoritism for the team that makes me hate them.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
PHP:
:laugh: I feel the same way, but with NJ and NY drivers invading. NYers **** up lots of other things around here too.

But I digress. Every fanbase has **** fans. They also have good ones. The more fans you're exposed to, the more good ones you'll find, but also the more bad ones. And you're way more likely to remember one really obnoxious one than 5 really respectful ones. So it's all a matter of how many of those fans you deal with. I deal with way more pens fans than Caps fans, so I deal with a lot more douchy or clueless pens fans than Caps fans.

But it's not even the fans. It's the blatant league favoritism for the team that makes me hate them.

Yeah I would agree New Yorkers suck too lol. Living down the shore for a few years and constantly getting stuck behind them on the parkway made me realize how much they suck at driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad