OT: Out of town scoreboard -- division, conference and league wide talk

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Huby 1 goals, 4 assists in 5 games. Only 1 point at even strength, averaging 16 mins of ice time compared to 19 mins last year.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think Tkachuk might be a better fit for this team if it's gonna compete in the playoffs, but I'm gonna be honest: I miss Barkov/Huberdeau creating free wins in 3v3 OT.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Leafs about to choke this one away to the Ducks.
A 2 goal lead in the 3rd blown and they lose in OT.
Zegras showed up big time, 2 beauty goals.

Leafs get 4 out of 10 pts on the West Coast roadie, we start it Tuesday.

Reactions: Boothinator

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I think Tkachuk might be a better fit for this team if it's gonna compete in the playoffs, but I'm gonna be honest: I miss Barkov/Huberdeau creating free wins in 3v3 OT.

True, but i think our 3v3 and extra point success last year made us look better than we were. I've always thought it weird people consider the OTL as the inflationary point when it's really the OTW that inflates points relative to actual performance.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I wont be rooting against Huby and Weegs, but so far, it looks like a positive deal, and next year when we can replace Weegar for real, it will look even better IMO.

It's weird... I'm definitely not rooting against them, but I think it's more that I'm rooting against the dbag Calgary fans that kept saying we got fleeced. Yes I'm still salty that people who have barely watched them play think they know better than Panthers fans who have watched them their entire careers.

Like I said before, Huber especially was underrated before and then instantly got overrated once traded to Calgary before even playing a single minute. So yes I'm taking some satisfaction from his early struggles even if I'm not rooting against him per se.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It's weird... I'm definitely not rooting against them, but I think it's more that I'm rooting against the dbag Calgary fans that kept saying we got fleeced. Yes I'm still salty that people who have barely watched them play think they know better than Panthers fans who have watched them their entire careers.

Like I said before, Huber especially was underrated before and then instantly got overrated once traded to Calgary before even playing a single minute. So yes I'm taking some satisfaction from his early struggles even if I'm not rooting against him per se.
I felt that way about Calgary fans until I met a great Flames couple at the season opener: we were grabbing the LIRR back to the city next they were super polite and showed so much understanding to both MT and JG. Since then I’m pro Flames

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Ditto.

I don't know how many of my friends this summer were talking about how Florida lost the trade.
They've barely ever watched Florida players play, but they knew Panthers lost the trade. Very frustrating!

Last edited:

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
Wonder if the Leafs will make a panic move? Dubas is in the last year of his contract with no extension, apparently.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ditto.

I don't know how many of my friends this summer we're talking about how Florida lost the trade.
They've barely ever watched Florida players play, but they knew Panthers lost the trade. Very frustrating!
Canadian star playing in Canada, he will be on McDavid's wing on the next Olympics/World Cup of Hockey, I was hoping that would happen while he was still here, to put some respect on his name. He is a top 5 LWer in the league.

Still a good trade for us.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
True, but i think our 3v3 and extra point success last year made us look better than we were. I've always thought it weird people consider the OTL as the inflationary point when it's really the OTW that inflates points relative to actual performance.

Absolutely, we got the President's Trophy pretty much on the back of so many OTWs. And Barkov/Huberdeau were absolutely dominant in 3v3 together.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Surprised by the level of concern over Huberdeau from that contingent of Flames fans, tbh. I've caught three of their games and he doesn't look any different to me.

Maybe the Flames should trade for Sam Bennett.

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
Surprised by the level of concern over Huberdeau from that contingent of Flames fans, tbh. I've caught three of their games and he doesn't look any different to me.

Maybe the Flames should trade for Sam Bennett.

They're probably a bit surprised Huby isn't the next coming of Gretzky based on how certain fans were trying to sell this trade as the most lopsided in NHL history lol

He'll probably be fine, this is a pretty typical Huby ghost streak. He'll be invisible for 4-5 games and then go on a tear.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Watching Ottawa/Tampa right now. Ottawa getting caved in, game's still tied. Forsberg is good.

They're probably a bit surprised Huby isn't the next coming of Gretzky based on how certain fans were trying to sell this trade as the most lopsided in NHL history lol

He'll probably be fine, this is a pretty typical Huby ghost streak. He'll be invisible for 4-5 games and then go on a tear.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean that as a shot at Huberdeau. I think he's just gotta find guys who will click with him, like happened here when he was moved away from Barkov on more than one occasion. I wasn't entirely joking, by the way. If Calgary's gonna pay Huberdeau big money thinking he's gonna produce points like he did with Bennett and Duclair... maybe they should call up Zito and ask for Bennett and Duclair.

Reactions: IceKitties

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Watching Ottawa/Tampa right now. Ottawa getting caved in, game's still tied. Forsberg is good.

Buffalo actually seems scarier than Ottawa?
Something feels different about Buffalo this time though, may take them longer to "burn out", goaltending is hanging on by Anderson.
Comrie is struggling a bit.

Sabres:
2nd in GF and 7th in GA
13th PP and 17th PK

Senators:
4th in GF and 23rd in GA
8th PP and 24th PK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad