Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season III: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Look at the rosters Barry had in Nashville. You can argue that those teams overachieved for much of his time there
That's why I don't think he's really that overrated. Those teams weren't good enough. David Poile also was not good enough in those years. Iced too many grinders, they were never good enough. Poile finally started doing work after he let Barry go and went in a different direction.
Do people still think Boudreau is good? He sucks.
Not since he's been in Minnesota, since it's the weakest team he's coached. Coincidence? Boudreau was JAG coaching two different stacked teams, made the conference finals once? He's worthless. Deserves no praise at all. He's up there with McLellan for biggest shithead, most highly and wrongfully praised head coach that's employed right now. Both guys are bums. The only time Boudreau deserves praise is for maybe when he took over in Washington and they turned it around down the stretch that year in 07-08. The first year Ovechkin made the playoffs.

The only thing I will say in his defense is that he never had adequate goaltending in Washington, nor did he have it for half of his time in Anaheim, but he also kept changing them in Anaheim. Kolzig's creamted remains, Brent Johnson, rookie Varlamov, the skeleton of Jose Theodore. Boudreau's disposal of goalies was less than impressive. And then you had Hiller in Anaheim, who was a f***in jabroni bum and boosted his save percentage facing a lot of shots under Carlyle and his non-system.

At the end of the day, coaches like Boudreau and McLellan do NOTHING to enhance your roster. I think Trotz may, even if just a little bit.

Agree on Cooper though. JAG coaching a stacked roster.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Still think Barry is overrated over his whole career of work, but he did a good job and he badly outcoached one of the other more overrated HC’s in Jon Cooper. Who was still playing his fourth line with minutes to go in their last game when they faced elimination. I don’t think he’s the most overrated head coach anymore. I think Cooper is.
BOUDREAU BOUDREAU BOUDREAU BOUDREAU BOUDREAU BOUDREAU BOUDREAU BOUDREAU BOUDREAU.

Most overrated head coach of the millennium.

These narratives are just stupid especially if they're predicated on cup success which only one team can have each year.

No perennially successful coach like Cooper, Boudreau, or Trotz can ever be considered overrated. It takes a hell of a coach to have the seasons some of those coaches have had year in and year out. Cooper is a bit of an odd man out here, but his resume prior to joining the NHL is stellar.

There's been dozens and dozens of coaches who have washed out of the league since Trotz and Boudreau have been coaching. There's a reason those guys quickly find jobs, it's because they are very, very good head coaches.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Wow that interview with Oshie was emotional, I didn’t realize his father had Alzheimer’s. He’s always been one of my favorites, awesome to see him get his Cup.
The wife and I were both touched by that. It got us both teary eyed. We like personal stories like that. It always give you something extra to root for and feel good about. More than just a hockey player winning a cup. She was happy to finally see a cute guy, too. She’s been complaining for the last hour about this being the ugliest hockey team she’s ever seen. Until Oshie came on!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
These narratives are just stupid especially if they're predicated on cup success which only one team can have each year.

No perennially successful coach like Cooper, Boudreau, or Trotz can ever be considered overrated. It takes a hell of a coach to have the seasons some of those coaches have had year in and year out. Cooper is a bit of an odd man out here, but his resume prior to joining the NHL is stellar.

There's been dozens and dozens of coaches who have washed out of the league since Trotz and Boudreau have been coaching. There's a reason those guys quickly find jobs, it's because they are very, very good head coaches.
So says the guy that thinks Jake Allen is good and Schneider is only bad because of the team defense and not because he's decaying.

You probably think Rick Tocchet isn't a bad coach....

And if Boudreau can't be considered overrated, then he also shouldn't be considered ''Good''.

Boudreau is NOT a good head coach. Can't you see he gets jobs because he coaches STACKED teams? Until he got to Minnesota and this may be his last job for a while, as the old guard seems to be disappearing. Sutter, probably AV now. I'm sure Torts is also next.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Dan Bylsma got another job, is he good? Randy Carlyle? Oh, that’s right. Bylsma coached a really bad team and now he’s washed out. Let’s see some of those guys coach bad teams and see if their reputations are finally stained.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The wife and I were both touched by that. It got us both teary eyed. We like personal stories like that. It always give you something extra to root for and feel good about. More than just a hockey player winning a cup. She was happy to finally see a cute guy, too. She’s been complaining for the last hour about this being the ugliest hockey team she’s ever seen. Until Oshie came on!
Backstrom isn't that bad looking. Ovechkin, Carlson, Holtby, all pretty weird looking dudes.:laugh:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So says the guy that thinks Jake Allen is good and Schneider is only bad because of the team defense and not because he's decaying.

You probably think Rick Tocchet isn't a bad coach....

And if Boudreau can't be considered overrated, then he also shouldn't be considered ''Good''.

Boudreau is NOT a good head coach. Can't you see he gets jobs because he coaches STACKED teams? Until he got to Minnesota and this may be his last job for a while, as the old guard seems to be disappearing. Sutter, probably AV now.

I never said any of that, so way to completely twist my words, but on to the actual topic...

I just can't except the argument that a guy that can consistently churn out 100+ point teams is an overrated coach. He may have his faults, but that's different than being overrated. He's easily one of the better coaches in the NHL.

Also nice to know we've just completely dismissed Tocchet as a head coach after one full season at the NHL level. I bet Bednar was a horrendous coach last year too then.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Dan Bylsma got another job, is he good? Randy Carlyle? Oh, that’s right. Bylsma coached a really bad team and now he’s washed out. Let’s see some of those guys coach bad teams and see if their reputations are finally stained.

Neither one of those guys has had the sustained success as Trotz (especially with the rosters he has had) or Boudreau.

Bylsma and Carlyle managed to shit the bed with elite rosters. Carlyle was gifted one of the best top four defensive groups in NHL history and Bylsma got to ride shotgun on a recent SCF finalist.

Only thing Trotz and Boudreau are guilty of (no longer Trotz) is playoff failures. Two completely different things.

Camille the Eel

Really happy for Backstrom too. He’s paid his dues. A classy player, quiet, unselfish. Played hurt these playoffs, did what it took.

Trots, Ovi, Backstrom, Oshie, DSP.

This was a good result. They finally got over the top once they learned they could beat Pittsburgh.

Last three winners all from our division.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I never said any of that, so way to completely twist my words, but on to the actual topic...

I just can't except the argument that a guy that can consistently churn out 100+ point teams is an overrated coach. He may have his faults, but that's different than being overrated. He's easily one of the better coaches in the NHL.

Also nice to know we've just completely dismissed Tocchet as a head coach after one full season at the NHL level. I bet Bednar was a horrendous coach last year too then.
Don't you think maybe he churns out 100+ point seasons because of stacked rosters? Why does he get so much credit? Now he coaches an inferior team and the results aren't as good.

Tocchet coached for almost two years in Tampa before this. They were a trainwreck.

Rick Tocchet NHL & WHA Hockey Coaching Record | Hockey-Reference.com

And before you say bad roster, then you might wanna concede that Boudreau had stacked rosters.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
She’s more choosier when it comes to light haired guys.
Yet she likes Taylor Hall!

I thought he was an ugly kid when he first came in, but he's kind of good looking as he's grown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad