Our Wildcard Player that puts us in Playoffs?

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
We all know we should be close to making playoffs this year or at least going for a solid push. the LLW line has solid chemestry but I really do feel Olli Jokinen is going to be that wild card that puts us in the playoffs for some reason I can picture him with Kane and also sparking Burmi.. Poni should also spark some chemestry with Antro and im also hoping Welly has another great season but am I bang on on this
do you guys feel Olli Jokinen is goning to be the wildcard or the dud? if not who else
GO JETS GO

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
We all know we should be close to making playoffs this year or at least going for a solid push. the LLW line has solid chemestry but I really do feel Olli Jokinen is going to be that wild card that puts us in the playoffs for some reason I can picture him with Kane and also sparking Burmi.. Poni should also spark some chemestry with Antro and im also hoping Welly has another great season but am I bang on on this
do you guys feel Olli Jokinen is goning to be the wildcard or the dud? if not who else
GO JETS GO

Burmi or Welly, whichever one of the two plays with Kane and Oli. Oh, and I almost forgot, Toby Enstrom as well.

Last edited:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
GO JETS GO

Ondrej Pavelec

He will boom or bust this year. No more waiting for him to figure it out.

We need to see consistency in net.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Pavs has been one of only a handful of goalies in the NHL getting regular playing time these last few months. It could indeed be his year to soar.

Another possible breakout year would be for Kane. He's still only 21 and on the upswing.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Ondrej Pavelec

He will boom or bust this year. No more waiting for him to figure it out.

We need to see consistency in net.

Definitly agree with this. As garret said, if pav's is league average, and Olli doesn't **** the bed, we are definitly a playoff team.

that being said, i think if we get a "boom" year from 2 other players, none in particular, it could potentially make up for a less then league average pavelec.

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
Definitly agree with this. As garret said, if pav's is league average, and Olli doesn't **** the bed, we are definitly a playoff team.

that being said, i think if we get a "boom" year from 2 other players, none in particular, it could potentially make up for a less then league average pavelec.

I have a good feeling Pavs is going to play great our back up im not to sure of though last season I can recall games were Pavs single handedly won us a few

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
Nik Antropov. If he finds the form he found before getting injured near the end of last season...LOOKOUT.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I have a good feeling Pavs is going to play great our back up im not to sure of though last season I can recall games were Pavs single handedly won us a few

Me too, but I remember far too many where I knew the game was a write off 3 shots in.

Three shots in: "Crap, Pav looks shaky. This is going to suck." ~ Me

It happened far too often and the Jets only pulled out one such game.

jetkarma*

Nothing matters if Pavelec doesn't at least have a good season , too many teams , too close to make up for spotty goaltending imo.

Lots of other names to consider but starts and ends with the guy in goal imo.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm gonna take a BIG risk here and go off the board.

Montoya. This guy was apparently on fire with the Isles last year until Kane knocked him out December 21st. He could never get back on track.

If Pavelec hiccups, or if the coaching staff builds some early confidence in Montoya, perhaps they play him more than Mason last year and he helps keep Pavelec from getting run down.

I guess goaltending in general will be huge for this team (as it is for everyone). If we get above average goaltending we make the playoffs.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
There is NO doubt that goal tending will be the deciding factor on whether we make the playoffs. Good Pav IN, bad Pav OUT.

A good third line (the KHL line) should also help.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I'm gonna take a BIG risk here and go off the board.

Montoya. This guy was apparently on fire with the Isles last year until Kane knocked him out December 21st. He could never get back on track.

If Pavelec hiccups, or if the coaching staff builds some early confidence in Montoya, perhaps they play him more than Mason last year and he helps keep Pavelec from getting run down.

I guess goaltending in general will be huge for this team (as it is for everyone). If we get above average goaltending we make the playoffs.

Al was off to a great start, but I wonder how much of that was him playing dominant hockey vs normal variance as his hot start was only 17 games long.

Hopefully he has things figured out. It would be nice if he could fill that backup role for the next couple years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad