GDT: Our Opponent Next Round Vs. Almost Made It

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Two big saves by Lightning skaters in front of the net this period.

Too many penalties.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Holy ****, that's about the 5th chance that has been like 5 inches away and saved by a TB D-man. They seem like a team of destiny rn considering they are literally being outshot 29-10

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why isn't KooKoo playing more? He reminds me of Braun the way he can gallop. Sustr and Garrison getting way too many minutes, Hedman has been way too casual with the puck and Stralman has stunk.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Why isn't KooKoo playing more? He reminds me of Braun the way he can gallop. Sustr and Garrison getting way too many minutes, Hedman has been way too casual with the puck and Stralman has stunk.

Wasn't he the one that gave rust a mile of ice? I can't remember

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
It's kind of bizarre, it feels like neither team has a defense -- just rushes back and forth, back and forth. Curious how it'll look against the Sharks defensive system.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
I'm really torn. I think TB is the better match-up, but if the Penguins win I can go to a game or two because Pittsburgh is only a 4 hour drive from DC.....:badidea:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I see two teams that arent playing as well in the neutral zone or the dzone as the Blues. Both teams are chasing a lot and forwards are not as strong on the back check.

Maybe we just see the Blues differently. They were hot garbage in the Hawks series. Elliot saved their ***** multiple times against a really mediocre team. Then, they barely got by a Seguin-less Stars team that had the worst goaltending of any series ever. Then they looked like hot garbage in 5/6 games against us. I was wary that they would show up better against us, because they were a legitimate good team this year, but they didn't. Obviously a lot of that can be attributed to the Sharks playing awesome and part of it can be attributed to injuries. But if you've been more impressed by the Blues than the Penguins this post-season, I honestly have to wonder if we're watching the same games.

jwhitesj

Oct 9, 2006
Downtown San Jose
Maybe we just see the Blues differently. They were hot garbage in the Hawks series. Elliot saved their ***** multiple times against a really mediocre team. Then, they barely got by a Seguin-less Stars team that had the worst goaltending of any series ever. Then they looked like hot garbage in 5/6 games against us. I was wary that they would show up better against us, because they were a legitimate good team this year, but they didn't. Obviously a lot of that can be attributed to the Sharks playing awesome and part of it can be attributed to injuries. But if you've been more impressed by the Blues than the Penguins this post-season, I honestly have to wonder if we're watching the same games.

Full disclosure, rhis is the first eastern conference game I have watched. My comment was related to this game speciffically vs. the entirety of the Blues series vs. The Sharks.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

as bad as dallas tending was, i was more scared of them than the blues by far.

also looking at past pitt rounds, they actually got outplayed by washington 5v5 pretty good. and against newyork they had more high danger chances but less of everything else.

tampa is just not very good.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
are rust and sheary that good? they seem like they are dominating tampa. im guessing tampas foot speed on the back end with carle/sustr/garrison is not great though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad