GDT: Our Opponent Next Round Vs. Almost Made It

jwhitesj

Oct 9, 2006
Downtown San Jose
Pittsburgh's team speed and top end talent are pretty scary. Their defense isn't nearly as good as some of the teams in the west but I don't think the Sharks have faced a team as talented offensively as what the Pens showed tonight.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Lightning just weren't good enough this round, especially in the last 2 games and being badly outshot in the first two periods both games and the entire game tonight.

If they squeaked by with a win tonight, I probably would have picked the Sharks in 5 games.

I think I'd still pick the Sharks in 7 over Pittsburgh though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vasilevskiy will have nightmares about the GWG. That was soft.

It's a tough one.

On one hand, you expect to allow at least 2 goals when you've allowed 39 shots to a team like the Penguins. But that goal was pretty bad. The first one wasn't good either, but it was much more forgivable. Allowing that one after tying the game was pretty brutal.

I thought he played well in this series though, he might have allowed 3 bad goals the whole series. 2 in this game and one last game to Crosby 5 hole, and even that goal wasn't THAT bad.

It reminded me of when Tokarski had to step in for Canadiens a couple years ago in the ECF when Price was injured. It's safe to bet that the odds are that Price would have played better, although he was being lit up in game 1. But Tokarski wasn't nearly the reason they lost. I couldn't expect Vasilevskiy to play much better than he did.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's a tough one.

On one hand, you expect to allow at least 2 goals when you've allowed 39 shots to a team like the Penguins. But that goal was pretty bad. The first one wasn't good either, but it was much more forgivable. Allowing that one after tying the game was pretty brutal.

I thought he played well in this series though, he might have allowed 3 bad goals the whole series. 2 in this game and one last game to Crosby 5 hole, and even that goal wasn't THAT bad.

It reminded me of when Tokarski had to step in for Canadiens a couple years ago in the ECF when Price was injured. It's safe to bet that the odds are that Price would have played better, although he was being lit up in game 1. But Tokarski wasn't nearly the reason they lost. I couldn't expect Vasilevskiy to play much better than he did.

I thought both goals should have been stopped, but he's a rookie goalie that got thrown into the fire because of an injury. He played very well for the most part, especially for someone his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad