OT: Our Oilers Brethren Need Our Support!

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Wasn't there an agreement that was settled for an arena?

Kind of. There is what might be termed an "agreement in principle" which cannot be considered ironclad because all the money is not in place. What people here in Edmonton think is that ground will be broken for a new arena this summer, and the City will hope it can find the remaining money as construction progresses. Somewhat risky. Perhaps others have more insight into this topic than I do.

potvins4cups

Aug 23, 2007
I find it hard to feel sorry for a team that has won the draft lotto something like 15 years in a row and counting... along with winning all these draft lotteries, one of the best young college defensemen I've seen in ages decides to spurn the Ducks and sign with the Oilers. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov are all first overall picks that fell into their laps.. along with them came plenty of top 3 picks in the second round.... for those reasons, along with Schultz falling into their lap, make it very hard for me to feel sorry for those fans. Sorry.

Exactly. if we won the lottery as many times as they have we would be battling for the 5th overall spot in the eastern conference playoff chase.

give me hall to play next to tavares instead of boyes. give me ryan nugent hopkins to place as our 2nd line center and we would be insane now.

nope i don't fell bad for the oilers.

LotteryForLife*

They have no excuses. The lottery champions have won the top pick three years in a row, hit an absolute homerun with late 1st rounder Jordan Eberle, and steal Justin Schultz away from Anaheim in what is probably the dumbest NHL rule with these college players. Any team with this kind of luck and still can't win...can rot in hell. They make me sick

LotteryForLife*

I find it hard to feel sorry for a team that has won the draft lotto something like 15 years in a row and counting... along with winning all these draft lotteries, one of the best young college defensemen I've seen in ages decides to spurn the Ducks and sign with the Oilers. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov are all first overall picks that fell into their laps.. along with them came plenty of top 3 picks in the second round.... for those reasons, along with Schultz falling into their lap, make it very hard for me to feel sorry for those fans. Sorry.

If this was a facebook post I would like it :thumbu:

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They have no excuses. The lottery champions have won the top pick three years in a row, hit an absolute homerun with late 1st rounder Jordan Eberle, and steal Justin Schultz away from Anaheim in what is probably the dumbest NHL rule with these college players. Any team with this kind of luck and still can't win...can rot in hell. They make me sick

I think the Oilers have many of the pieces in place, but have yet to gel as a team. Expectations here were that they might compete for a playoff spot, which they did until very recently when their scoring touch dried up.

It is often difficult to predict when a team may come of age, which I believe has happened to the Islanders this year. Back in 1966/67, the last year of the Original Six, the Bruins were expected to improve with their rookie, Bobby Orr. However, it was the Rangers, after several years in purgatory, who suddenly and unexpectedly emerged as the most improved team in the league.

YashinWorksHard

Jun 14, 2012
Talking about the Oilers.. They will re-sign Magnus Paajarvi this summer? If not, i would like to see him with the Islanders.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Talking about the Oilers.. They will re-sign Magnus Paajarvi this summer? If not, i would like to see him with the Islanders.

He deserves to be re-signed, coming off his three-year ELC. Playing in Oklahoma City (AHL) for much of the past two seasons has helped his all-round game. He would look good in an Islanders uniform with his size and speed, but the Islanders are already pretty strong on left wing.

If you are interested, search the article "TENSOR: Paajarvi's Progress".

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
He deserves to be re-signed, coming off his three-year ELC. Playing in Oklahoma City (AHL) for much of the past two seasons has helped his all-round game. He would look good in an Islanders uniform with his size and speed, but the Islanders are already pretty strong on left wing.

If you are interested, search the article "TENSOR: Paajarvi's Progress".

I realize that Paajarvi is thicker than Grabner, but whenever I've watched him, that's who he strongly resembles. I don't think we need another guy like that, a speedy opportunistic player with little creativity and hockey sense.

startainfection*

i was watching all their games when game center was free and rooting for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad