Our goalies are bad and I had a flashback.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Just wondering something, I was kinda depressed when we got Scriven cuz I always found him awful, esp when Leafs fans called him better than Price when he got hot for a few game. Its not where am getting at tho.

I remember a while ago, cant say when exactly but we had Ramo. I was always a fan of him and wondered how we got him again, for how long and when we lost him?

Google is my friend indeed, but im in the middle of nowhere on launch break and it takes forever to load results.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
We got the rights to Ramo in the summer of 2010 when we traded Cédrick Desjardins to Tampa for his rights. Then in January of 2012 he was traded alongside Cammy in the Bourque deal.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
3-11 and w have scored 1.6 goals per game....our goalies are not the problem...

Stats or not. They look bad. I agree offense if non existent but we gave tons of softies and bad goals.

We got the rights to Ramo in the summer of 2010 when we traded Cédrick Desjardins to Tampa for his rights. Then in January of 2012 he was traded alongside Cammy in the Bourque deal.

Ohh Desjardins. Thats right

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Gauthier's best trade, getting rid of Ramo and Cammalleri for a 2nd. What a beast.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
this injury will plague price for the rest of his career,

price will never be the same again,

he will never be as good as he was last season, and to expect anything close to that is not reasonable,

price has peaked, and from this point on his career is on a slow and steady decline,

should have traded him last summer when his value was at its peak

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria

he will never be as good as he was last season, and to expect anything close to that is not reasonable,

price has peaked, and from this point on his career is on a slow and steady decline,

Ewwwwww

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

I think you are right. He won't scrum in the corners and plays on the outside. The big injury almost crippled him for life, same with concussions. Look at his injuries in the last few years. It seems he is playing as if he is afraid of

getting hurt again.

Oooops!!!... I was talking about Pacioretty.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
We actually traded Ramo to the Flames along with Cammalleri and a 5th in that deal.

We originally acquired Ramo in a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Cedrick Desjardins in 2010.

Edit: donghabs98 got it

Yah, I was mistaken. Forgot about Desjardins deal.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
If I remember correctly, Ramo had no intention of being anything but an NHL goalie - didn't want to play AHL etc. so the Habs dealt him.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

So why are some illuminated fans trying to deal Fucale exactly? :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Sorry but they are as much a problem as the offense. You do realize Condon save % is under 900 for the month of december? I calculated it yesterday and posted it in a post. I can't recall the number but i think it's 0.887 for the month of December. That awful even for number 2s.

The only reason the goalies are not really a problem is because we hope Price will be back soon enough to save the season.

If Price misses half the season our goalies are as much of a problem as the offense. Saying otherwise is simply not knowing hockey in my very humble opinion.

Can't win in this league with goalies giving 3 goals every games and having a save % under 900 even with a good offense you wont win and wont go anywhere with that kind of goaltending.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sorry but they are as much a problem as the offense.

You do realise Condon save % is under 900 for the month of december? that awful even for a number 2.

The only reason the goalie are not really a problen is because we hope Price will be back.

If Price misses half the season our goalie are as much of a problem as the offense.

Can't win in this league with goalies giving 3 goals every games and having a save % under 900 even with a good offense you wont win.

You have more of a chance to win letting in 3 goals than only scoring 1

Fact.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I wouldn't say they are not a problem. Our offense sucks doesn't mean our goalie are good. The goalies are just as bad as the offense. No need to protect them. They can suck at the same time as the rest of the team and it's the case here.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Fact.

Well, I'm not sure that is a fact. Not sure how to check but how many teams won a game giving up 3 goals and how many shutouts were there this year? Wouldn't there be more of the latter? Not saying I expect SOs, just saying technically speaking isn't that more frequent?

Although frequency doesn't really mean odds. It's hard to know without going through all the data but I doubt either are pretty.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Just wondering something, I was kinda depressed when we got Scriven cuz I always found him awful, esp when Leafs fans called him better than Price when he got hot for a few game.

You always found him awful especially when he was on a hot streak? Why would you find him "especially" awful while on a hot streak?

That makes no sense at all.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Fact.

Of course. But allowing 3 goals a game is still a problem and you will have a hard time making the playoffs if you do no matter how good your offense is.

Goalie stats for december.

Condon
Save % of 0.887
GAA of 2.88
Allowed 3 goals in 6 of the 11 games he played (2 of the 5 games where he did not give 3 goals were incomplete games where he played less than half of it)

Tokarski
Save % of 0.882
GAA of 2.91
Allowed 3 goals in 3 of the 5 games he played (one of the 2 games where he did not give 3 goals he played only 15 minutes).

Again if Price comes back soon this is not a problem. If he misses more than half the season this is a problem. Both the attack and the goalies are a problem right now. This is really awful goalie stats even for number 2s.

Last edited:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Price's injury has reduced the goaltending level from great to near-average--but definitely not to sewer-level. With better defensive support and a few goals both Condon and Scrivens are capable of winning games. I think it's worse than unfair to expect them to perform at Price's level game after game.

I've thought of a nickname for Scrivens: Bartleby, as in Bartleby the Scrivener, a sad story by Herman Melville (you know, of Moby Dick fame). Price returns, Bergevin chooses to send Scrivener (rather than Condon) to St. John's, and Scrivener says, "I prefer not to." He's suspended but he stubbornly remains at the Bell Centre and the Habs see him skate out onto the ice at every practice. They scratch their heads.

Oh, forget it, it's just a passing fancy. Maybe I shouldn't read literature and conflate the sublime with the ridiculous. Maybe it would take a Ken Dryden to appreciate it.

Nynja*

Well, I'm not sure that is a fact. Not sure how to check but how many teams won a game giving up 3 goals and how many shutouts were there this year? Wouldn't there be more of the latter? Not saying I expect SOs, just saying technically speaking isn't that more frequent?

Although frequency doesn't really mean odds. It's hard to know without going through all the data but I doubt either are pretty.

Lets see:
The capitals have 2 shutout wins this year, 5-2-0 when giving up 3 goals in regulation, and 1-2-1 scoring 1 in regulation
The Stars have 4 shutout wins this year, 8-3-1 giving up 3 goals in regulation, and 0-3-1 when scoring 1 in regulation

Not fair, I'm using the best offensive teams in the league?

The Wild and Hawks are scoring 2.71 goals per game on average, 10th and 11th overall in G/GP rate.

The Wild have 6 (holy **** lol) shutout wins this year, 3-5-1 giving up 3 goals in regulation, and 2-3-3 when scoring 1 in regulation
The Hawks have 5 shutout wins this year, 2-5-1 when giving up 3 goals in regulation, and 0-5-1 scoring 1 in regulation (they also have 2 1-0 OT wins)

The Panthers have 2 shutout wins, 1-6-0 when giving up 3 in regulation, 1-5-1 when scoring 1 in regulation.
The Bruins have 4 shutout wins, 4-3-0 when giving up 3 in regulation, 0-2-0 when scoring 1 in regulation

So yes, it seems to me that you have a better chance to win when giving up 3 in regulation vs scoring 1 in regulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So yes, it seems to me that you have a better chance to win when giving up 3 in regulation vs scoring 1 in regulation.

Doesn't change the fact that you wont go far with goalies giving near 3 goals every game and having a save % under 900.

Both the attack and the goalies are a problem. Hopefully Price will solve one of the 2 soon. The other one is in the hand of MB.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Lets see:
The capitals have 2 shutout wins this year, 5-2-0 when giving up 3 goals in regulation, and 1-2-1 scoring 1 in regulation
The Stars have 4 shutout wins this year, 8-3-1 giving up 3 goals in regulation, and 0-3-1 when scoring 1 in regulation

Not fair, I'm using the best offensive teams in the league?

The Wild and Hawks are scoring 2.71 goals per game on average, 10th and 11th overall in G/GP rate.

The Wild have 6 (holy **** lol) shutout wins this year, 3-5-1 giving up 3 goals in regulation, and 2-3-3 when scoring 1 in regulation
The Hawks have 5 shutout wins this year, 2-5-1 when giving up 3 goals in regulation, and 0-5-1 scoring 1 in regulation (they also have 2 1-0 OT wins)

The Panthers have 2 shutout wins, 1-6-0 when giving up 3 in regulation, 1-5-1 when scoring 1 in regulation.
The Bruins have 4 shutout wins, 4-3-0 when giving up 3 in regulation, 0-2-0 when scoring 1 in regulation

Why regulation? You don't even need to score a goal in regulation.

It's nice you used playoffs teams but in general I'm doubtful. Is there a way to easily access to data for every team without going through the list?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad