Our Abysmal Defense

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
So it looks like Cameron showed us today that if you break up awful Cowen-Boro pairing like everyone wanted, you get the worst pairing in NHL in Boro-Wiercioch. :laugh: :help:
So what are our options? What do we do with that defense?
Discuss.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Trade wiercioch, insert wideman.
Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

Trade any of those guys who can't keep up and get a real 2nd pair guy.

Wait for chabot, hope phillips doesn't get healthy.

HoffmanIsGod68

Mar 1, 2015
Cornwall, Ontario
Package Two of Michalek, MacArthur, and Prince with the appropriate assets to land a solid #3 defenseman.

Although it's completely unrealistic, I'd be willing to tear down part of the fort to bring a name like Hampus Lindholm or Roman Josi to the blueline.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Package Two of Michalek, MacArthur, and Prince with the appropriate assets to land a solid #3 defenseman.

Although it's completely unrealistic, I'd be willing to tear down part of the fort to bring a name like Hampus Lindholm or Roman Josi to the blueline.

Who's going to accept that salary? That Michalek contract is burning us.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I think BMurr should have tried for a Cody Franson or Jeff Petry type in the off-season. Those guys aren't amazing, but they are decent minute-filers that can take a little pressure off 65-3. And having one of them means less Boro or Wiercioch. It might be a financial issue, in which case that's fine, but the management team needs to see some of the D are as good as they are going to be. I'm looking at you Boro and W.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's a subtle hint. It's Mark Fraser time, baby.

I get the subtle hint. but this would turn into another failed 15 game experiment.

Its getting somewhat ridiculous. Our record flatters us big time.

We need a 3/4 D man. I know they don't grow on trees.

IMO we either have to pay to get one or we should tank.

Play Boro and Wier 25 minutes a game. Leave everything else as is should do it.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Maybe Mark Fraser is not a bad idea after all.
Bingo defense is pretty atrocious right now as well though.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Both the Sens and B-Sens have horrible D corps. Players like Wiercioch and Borowiecki have been playing awful, and on a different team would probably sit games, but because of Murray's incompetence we don't really have anyone who can be called up to play games.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wideman for Wier makes too much sense. It would even solve the problem with Boro playing on his wrong side.

So it probably won't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad