Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Washington | 7pm, TSN | Karlssons Returns!!!! Playoff Clinch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan the God*

It's not enough to clinch, we need to finish 6 or 7 to have any shot at round 2 IMO.

Two points still means we're going to the playoffs this year.

3-0 gets us to sixth. 3-0 combined with a Leafs regulation loss in their remaining two games gets us two fifth.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Galley thinks we'll do 7 dman tomorrow because MacLean might want to roll three lines, and obviously if Karlsson says midgame he's not feeling good, then we're ok.

as if there is someway Karlsson would EVER say this. If he leaves the game he's going off in a stretcher.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
rhodes.jpg

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Does anyone remember if the Sens in that jersey were penalized more than normal?
According to this (found it on reddit) it would have been true

Power (Dis)Play? Teams In Black Draw More Penalties

Hockey teams wearing darker-colored jerseys are more likely to be penalized for aggressive fouls than teams wearing white jerseys, according to new research. Teams wearing black jerseys in particular get penalized the most, according to an analysis that may offer a window into the hidden psychological dynamics of the ongoing NHL playoffs.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Does anyone remember if the Sens in that jersey were penalized more than normal?
According to this (found it on reddit) it would have been true

Not sure about back then...but Im pretty sure the Sens have the worst ratio of powerplays vs penalties over the last 10 years or so.

(too lazy to research this stat to confirm haha)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
i like the 7 dman idea.

Dont wanna rush Karlsson into something he cant handle quite yet.

Agreed. MacLean needs to keep the reigns tight and make sure our thoroughbred doesn't crash coming out of the gate.

This is going to be an interesting game. Love seeing OV back on his game...although not at the expense of our Sens.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Hope fans are keeping expectations for Karlsson in check. Coming back to play is just another step in the rehab process.

John Holmes*

Damn. I was expecting no less than a 4 point night, the first star and lap dances by the finest strippers.

Thanks for the pre-emptive caution.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Heard on the radio if Karlsson is back tomorrow, Wiercioch is out and Gryba is probably in. Don't know how I feel about that.

I know Gryba isn't everyone's favourite, I'm a big fan of his and think him in a bottom pairing is a perfect fit for the future and this playoffs, other then that having Weircohe as your #7 is amazing news for Ottawa.
Our D and Goaltending is here for a deep playoff run, kinda worried about the forward depth

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Only problem with sitting Wiercioch is he's one of the few that can create offense. Sure, Karlsson coming back will be a huge boost, but imagine we're down a couple of goals - it would be nice to have him back there to help the attack.

On the other side though, having Gryba to help on the PK is important too and I can see why he stays in the lineup.

Not gonna happen but a three man rotation for the #5 and #6 spots would be fine with me (Phillips-Weircioch-Gryba).

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Only problem with sitting Wiercioch is he's one of the few that can create offense. Sure, Karlsson coming back will be a huge boost, but imagine we're down a couple of goals - it would be nice to have him back there to help the attack.

This was my thoughts. I'm not anti-Gryba by any means, but on a team that has obvious troubles generating offence, I would like to see Wiercioch out there.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

On the other side though, having Gryba to help on the PK is important too and I can see why he stays in the lineup.

Not gonna happen but a three man rotation for the #5 and #6 spots would be fine with me (Phillips-Weircioch-Gryba).
No way Mac sits Phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad