Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets Saturday January 19th 2pm MTS Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I agree, I give the pre-season rankings less than 0 credit, I'll bet against most of the lower rankings every time.

I don't get the two waiver pick-ups, unless Chevy has something up his sleeve tradewise.... Curious.

BTW, Nice Avatar...:pout::pout:

Thanks. I was rocking this avatar at various points last season as well.

I agree with your trade theory. My own view is that the writing appears to be on the wall for a certain roster forward from last season, but he is such a fan favorite that I won't dare mention his name right now.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Tampa Bay I could see really rebounding big time. Lindback should be a solid option for them in net and Salo and Carle will make their PP even more dangerous. Not to mention the same way we expect progression from Bogo, they have Hedman who is still young. If expect them to be better than CAR tbh..

Our team will go as far as its GA, IMO. Pavelec and team defense are clicking when we are winning games.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
This year will be pretty random I think with the short sked. So much luck who stays healthy, if you play teams who are hot vs cold, how many 3 pt games you play, and whether guys who played in the K or jr really have much of an advantage.

I'd say bet the longshots early to win the cup, then cover if they start out strong and switch horses to underachieving-but-generally-solid teams.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
Senators - Jets (my forecast)

Jets win a gritty home opener 3-2 to a much better Sens team. This will hopefully get people off Noel and Chevy's back. Pavs plays spectacular despite the constant oohhing and ahhing of Buff being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Our D collapses but our forwards back checking saves us late in the game. Scoring for us is Wheeler (of course), Kane on the PP (so people can get off his back) and Enstrom from the point.

Go Jets Go!

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
Can't wait for the GDT tomorrow morning. Or late tonight. Projected lines? Can you imagine if Sheifele scores tomorrow????

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I am going to be mashing F5 after about 11:45 tonight to see our FIRST GDT of the season!! I am so damned excited right now!!!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I am going to be mashing F5 after about 11:45 tonight to see our FIRST GDT of the season!! I am so damned excited right now!!!

Now that I'm in Winnipeg for a while, this is my first chance to post one at 12am and not get yelled at. :D

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

It's been a loooooong time coming! I'm stoked!

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Can't wait!

Getting my sign ready soon, preparing to eat a Jets dog with extra perogies and chili, and the pregame starts early!

GO JETS GO!

J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I really hope the Jets make TSN, Sportsnet and all the nay Sayers eat a whole **** load of crow starting tomorrow.

I hope they like it with Tabasco...cuz it's going to be spicy.

Awwwwhhhhh Yeeeeeaaaa

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

bazaaa*

Just over 24hours.
I don't remember being this excited for last year's first game.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Actually, fluoroantimonic acid is the strongest acid, I think. Nasty Hammet acidity score. protonates everything. Wouldn't wish that even on Sportsnet :help:

I agree just some hot sawce derived from some habanero peppers or something. Just so it burns on the way down when this Jets team makes the Playoffs.

Served with a side of jet fuel.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Interesting: I'm finishing up a few things on the GDT for tommorrow, and I'm slotting in the line-up for the Jets (guessing, until we know exactly what it is). Here's the line-up from the last time we played the Sens:

Little - Ladd - Wheeler
Kane - Burmi - Wellwood
Stapleton - Maxwell - Machacek
Glass - Slater - Miettinen

I think this looks a bit better:

Little - Ladd - Wheeler
Kane - Jokinen - Wellwood
Poni - Burmi - Antro
Thor - Scheifele - Slater

Hey! A 3rd line! :laugh:

(Don't rip me on the line-up - I'm guessing, especially regarding Antro, Scheif, and who fills out the 4th line. Just going with concensus for the other lines).

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
From the looks of the pictures the Jets instagram posted, it appears as though there are still no ads on the boards at MTS Centre. Will it be empty boards again like last season's first pre-season game?

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
The only thing I can think of, is allot of the teams in the East got better then we did

imo, aside from the canes, the only teams that got better were the ones that were a lock to make the palyoffs anyways.

Habs = no better
toronto = no better
tampa = better (but i firmly believe we improved more)
Florida = no better
njd = worse worse worse
buffalo = no better/worse (roy for ott??)
Ott = maybe better (internal growth)
boston = lock
philly = lock
pittsburg = lock
NYR = lock
NYI = maybe better (internal growth)
washington = i think they bounce bak.
basically i think it'll be a fight between WPG, TBY, NJD, FLR , OTT, BUF & WSH for the bottom 3.

bazaaa*

Interesting: I'm finishing up a few things on the GDT for tommorrow, and I'm slotting in the line-up for the Jets (guessing, until we know exactly what it is). Here's the line-up from the last time we played the Sens:

Little - Ladd - Wheeler
Kane - Burmi - Wellwood

Little - Ladd - Wheeler
Poni - Burmi - Antro

(Don't rip me on the line-up - I'm guessing, especially regarding Antro, Scheif, and who fills out the 4th line. Just going with concensus for the other lines).

I'm biased, but that's a pretty solid lineup 1-4. Nothing outstanding, but pretty solid through out.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum

Little - Ladd - Wheeler
Kane - Burmi - Wellwood

Little - Ladd - Wheeler
Poni - Burmi - Antro

I think that'll be close to the lineup based on who's going down to the farm. Ya, I gotta admit that looks alot better than the last time we played them. It's the defence that I'm a little spooked by this year, gets really thin really fast back there. We'll need lots of team D this year from what I see.

The first stretch of four games is gonna be rough, we need to get out of this stretch with 4 points at a minimum. Less than that and it's gonna be a long hill to climb to stay relevant. I see it like this:
OTT - must win - 2 points
BOS - eesh, could be ugly with the noon start - 0 points
WSH - Could go either way - need the two points
PIT - ????? This is going to be a tough nut to crack.

IMO if they can escape this stretch with four points they could be well on the way to making some noise for a playoff spot with the next stretch of Isles, Canadiens, Panthers, Lightning, Panthers. Say six to seven from that stretch would set it up nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad