GDT: Ottawa Senators at Winnipeg Jets [] 7PM [] CityTV [] The Top Goalie Tandem in the League!™ Edition (see disclaimer in thread)

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
DISCLAIMER - Goalies have been excellent for the last week or so. Across four wins Joonas Korpisalo and Anton Forsberg have combined for a 0.937 save percentage while only allowing 1.75 goals per game including a shut out against Chicago. Lights out would be an understatement. - note - their statistics from the previous 64 games were not used in the creation of this thread title. No feelings were intentionally damaged with the creation of this thread, (because there are no feelings left).

The 44-23-6 Winnipeg Jets are set to face off against the 32-36-4 Ottawa Senators on Saturday evening from Canada Life Centre.

The game will mark Winnipeg's third-straight contest at home, with the Jets having dropped the first two games. As a matter of fact, Winnipeg has now lost four-straight appearances and will be in desperation mode against its fellow Canadian rival.

Last 10 by the numbers

Senators 7-3-0
Jets 4-5-1

1711809453682.png

1711809549697.png

1711809804378.png

Expect Korpi in nets

1711809827565.png

Last edited:

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Time to keep streaking towards the 10th overall pick! Been enjoying the much improved play, fun to watch. It is so frustrating seeing them settle in and look good when the season is long gone once again.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Time to keep streaking towards the 10th overall pick! Been enjoying the much improved play, fun to watch. It is so frustrating seeing them settle in and look good when the season is long gone once again.
Really strange regarding motivation... to be hyped and focused to finish strong. To be what they can be and show what they can be or what they believe they are.
All the pouting has been put aside .. the changes being asked have been accepted (for the most part). Now they are ready to play.

One question. WTF? lol

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Really strange regarding motivation... to be hyped and focused to finish strong. To be what they can be and show what they can be or what they believe they are.
All the pouting has been put aside .. the changes being asked have been accepted (for the most part). Now they are ready to play.

One question. WTF? lol
Exactly. It's not a good trend over the last couple seasons.

You can really see the "pressure" get to them early in the season, or when they make a push to get within striking distance.

They fall apart. Start panicking when anything goes wrong. Rely on emotion, compounding mistakes left and right.

Then when the season is done they somehow look like a professional team. Playing more consistent, harder for longer, not getting rattled when something goes wrong.

They have ot in them to be a good team. Can they put it together when they need to though. Next season will be another chance I suppose.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Exactly. It's not a good trend over the last couple seasons.

You can really see the "pressure" get to them early in the season, or when they make a push to get within striking distance.

They fall apart. Start panicking when anything goes wrong. Rely on emotion, compounding mistakes left and right.

Then when the season is done they somehow look like a professional team. Playing more consistent, harder for longer, not getting rattled when something goes wrong.

They have ot in them to be a good team. Can they put it together when they need to though. Next season will be another chance I suppose.
Its a whole new ball game when the wins mean something and how the ebbs and flows affect their psyche. Better habits and more maturity should help. We hope it does. Its like they are playing a different game now in a fun league where wins and losses carry little importance. Its fools gold until they can show they are a serious team 20+ games into next year. The little things, the details in their game we hope they engrain in their games but its very hard to evaluate now and its hard to bet on now.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Its a whole new ball game when the wins mean something and how the ebbs and flows affect their psyche. Better habits and more maturity should help. We hope it does. Its like they are playing a different game now in a fun league where wins and losses carry little importance. Its fools gold until they can show they are a serious team 20+ games into next year. The little things, the details in their game we hope they engrain in their games but its very hard to evaluate now and its hard to bet on now.

Yep. Have to prove it. Stable goaltending, professional management team, new coaching staff will help.

Hopefully a couple well-planned moves in the offseason targeting team needs. Give the young players quality support and depth. No more chasing big names and bleeding assets to save money.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's not a coincidence that now that the goalies & defence are playing much better they are also winning, the two go hand in hand in the NHL. It starts with being good defensively & getting key saves at the right time & the offence will come. They get plenty of offensive chances every game & sometimes outshoot teams ahead of them in the standings. If they can maintain good defensive play, they look like a much improved team & when they don't, they implode.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Guarantee Kyle Connor gets 2 goals tonight. Excited to see Winnipeg - I’ll be cheering for them in the playoffs

I’m not buying a the goalies are good - they aren’t. Over the course of 82 neither goalie has ever proven they can get their team to the playoffs - and that won’t happen here in Ottawa.

Last edited:
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Guarantee Kyle Connie gets 2 goals tonight. Excited to see Winnipeg - I’ll be cheering for them in the playoffs

I’m not buying a the goalies are good - they aren’t. Over the course of 82 neither goalie has ever proven they can get their team to the playoffs - and that won’t happen here in Ottawa.

I sure hope management isn't fooled either. If we come into 2024-2025 with this same goalie tandem, no other improvement will matter.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
this is their best shot to win 5 in a row for the first time this season. But they’re also 0-13-1 in non-eastern time zones so they’ll likely lose

Reactions: Dionysus

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I sure hope management isn't fooled either. If we come into 2024-2025 with this same goalie tandem, no other improvement will matter.
I suspect they'll change just one, and likely Forsberg since he's the easiest to change.

I'd love to get Saros or Ulmark, but I suspect that won't happen, so we'll roll the dice with a guy like Brossoit or Stolarz.

Reactions: DrEasy and Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad