GDT: Ottawa Senators at Chicago Blackhawks - 3PM - TSN5/TVAS - The Dynamic Zuo™ Return Edition

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

2-2 game 2 minutes to go... neutral zone turn over.. Which was just lackadaisical play ... then

1. Watch the back pressure from Batherson and Norris.
2. This goes from a 1 hawk on 2 Sens when the initial shot is made.... A nothing shot a huge rebound....
3 Now its a 1 on 3 on who wants the puck ...they win.

Maddening .. This is freaking unacceptable desire to prevent that goal

Agree on all of this
Now watch Chabot for that 25 sec (its like he had 5 Tequila shots before his shift)

Reactions: bert

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Some said the reason we had a bad start last year was because we were missing our second line Center. Hmm

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well, spent my day at a hospital which wasn't the plan when I got up this morning. Caught a few minutes of the post game show. CJ wasn't too positive. 42 shots on net but the post game show sounded like we were baaaad..

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
Not surprising at all that we squandered an opportunity to make things interesting in the standings. Still disappointing. Now we will probably win a couple unexpected games against top teams, then drop another stupid one.

Reactions: Alex1234 and ColinM

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I honestly don't know what part of Chabots game I appreciate other than maybe him moving the puck up ice.

His shot is not a threat.
He is not a good defender.
His decision making is subpar.
He's not physical.
He has no extra gear and I'm not comfortable waiting for the playoffs to see if he magically has it then
He's like Spezza on defense. It's the same situation 2.0, comments I have read a thousand times

Chabot is not a complete player because he is a "smooth operator" and is not agressive but if his game annoys some people, it's way better to have him out there than NOT. I thought people would finally understand this when he missed games earlier this season and how the team struggled in transition but I guess not everybody watch the game the same way. It's a bit long to explain but here below is what he does :

1708216968521.png

I don't have access to a lot and results for the current season are not out yet but this is what I could find for the current season. Sure, his results are not as strong but keep in mind there has been this transition from DJ to JM and also the injury. Plus, instead of playing with a Zub like he should, he's playing with a guy on his off-side struggling in many games. The transition metrics are not there too, which is where he normally excels.

1708217170077.png

I don't force anybody to share my views but I am keeping Chabot and trading Chychrun. Need a physical RHD to complement him adequatly. Or just a guy like DeMelo, too bad we never had the opportunity to have him :sarcasm: (Dorion seriously, incredible the number of things he messed up)

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - ??????
Kleven - JBD
Guenette

The problem with this team is how it was constructed. Dorion had absolutely NO IDEA about what this means. You need complementarity and cohesion. Our D-men are much better individually than the sum of its parts, just too much of the same.

Reactions: LiseL

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He's like Spezza on defense. It's the same situation 2.0, comments I have read a thousand times

Chabot is not a complete player because he is a "smooth operator" and is not agressive but if his game annoys some people, it's way better to have him out there than NOT. I thought people would finally understand this when he missed games earlier this season and how the team struggled in transition but I guess not everybody watch the game the same way. It's a bit long to explain but here below is what he does :

View attachment 821470

I don't have access to a lot and results for the current season are not out yet but this is what I could find for the current season. Sure, his results are not as strong but keep in mind there has been this transition from DJ to JM and also the injury. Plus, instead of playing with a Zub like he should, he's playing with a guy on his off-side struggling in many games. The transition metrics are not there too, which is where he normally excels.

View attachment 821476

I don't force anybody to share my views but I am keeping Chabot and trading Chychrun. Need a physical RHD to complement him adequatly. Or just a guy like DeMelo, too bad we never had the opportunity to have him :sarcasm: (Dorion seriously, incredible the number of things he messed up)

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - ??????
Kleven - JBD
Guenette

The problem with this team is how it was constructed. Dorion had absolutely NO IDEA about what this means. You need complementarity and cohesion. Our D-men are much better individually than the sum of its parts, just too much of the same.
That data is from two seasons ago

Reactions: Alex1234

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

View attachment 821470

View attachment 821476

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - ??????
Kleven - JBD
Guenette

he simply makes too many unforced turnovers and is not good enough offensively for how bad he can be defensively.

also he is weak as hell, prob gonna get bodied in the playoffs.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

View attachment 821470

View attachment 821476

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - ??????
Kleven - JBD
Guenette

Spezza was underappreciated but it came with merit. He logged a ton of points while he was here and there was a risk vs reward with him. What risk vs reward is there with Chabot? All I see are risks.

What does Chabot bring? I'm sorry but whatever analytics you present doesn't match with the eye test.

I also don't buy the Dorion excuse. Chabots issues are for the most part self inflicted. It isn't Dorions fault that Chabot thinks it's best to hold onto the puck 2 to 3 seconds too late. At some point you gotta learn that that shit doesn't work especially if you're constantly watching tape over and over. In all my years watching Chabot I have seen move at a single pace regardless of circumstances.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Great news guys, since Stutzle and Bedard both got a point I still made money off this stinkfest.

Real talk though, that little heater was fun to watch but Stever better start trading some of these passenger princesses on or before March 8th.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well, spent my day at a hospital which wasn't the plan when I got up this morning. Caught a few minutes of the post game show. CJ wasn't too positive. 42 shots on net but the post game show sounded like we were baaaad..
Absolutely pathetic effort. 3 in a row. This team has a big culture problem.

Reactions: JD1

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good game. Utter domination in the 2nd and 3rd. NHL vs AHL vibes. Wouldn't mind if we lose every game like that going forward.

not bad
Horrible game. No one went for rebounds or to the danger areas. Let an AHL team get to the middle of the ice. These losers think they're good. It's so sad, scored 2 nice goals. Thought they were an all star team.. NEWS FLASH YOURE LAST.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Horrible game. No one went for rebounds or to the danger areas. Let an AHL team get to the middle of the ice. These losers think they're good. It's so sad, scored 2 nice goals. Thought they were an all star team.. NEWS FLASH YOURE LAST.

As soon as they start having any bit of success through hard work and structure, these guys revert back to pond hockey.

Been happening for years. No ability to consistently play an NHL game over an extended period.

Knew it was coming watching the CBJ game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not surprising at all that we squandered an opportunity to make things interesting in the standings. Still disappointing. Now we will probably win a couple unexpected games against top teams, then drop another stupid one.
Is there a record on how many teams have had 3, five game road losing streaks in one season? I can't imagine other than expansion teams this has happened.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad