Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators appoint Peter MacTavish as an assistant general manager

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Burke is a terrible GM and loves to spend money like a drunken sailor....So the latter has me convinced he wont be coming here

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah Burke is an idiot. Our quota is met on those. I'm a fan of bringing in these young guys who aren't part of the NHL old boys club unless we're getting Yzerman.

Reactions: Cosmix

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He won't quit like some people do...

I feel like this is a thinly veiled jab at fans who have bailed on the team.

MacTavish is getting paid an NHL salary. Fans are the opposite - they pay into the system, they don't get paid out of it, like an Assistant GM would. I'm sure if Eugene Melnyk were paying those fans $200k/year to be fans (or even Assistant Fans in charge of contracts), they wouldn't quit either.

It's a poor comparison. When MacTavish reveals that he is paying Melnyk $5k/year in order to do the job for free just because he loves it, then we can revisit it. Failing that, all you're doing is taking a sucker-punch at fans to make yourself feel better about your "fan card".

We get it. You're the best fan that ever faned. Your bronze statue is in the mail.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

MacTavish is getting paid an NHL salary. Fans are the opposite - they pay into the system, they don't get paid out of it, like an Assistant GM would. I'm sure if Eugene Melnyk were paying those fans $200k/year to be fans (or even Assistant Fans in charge of contracts), they wouldn't quit either.

It's a poor comparison. When MacTavish reveals that he is paying Melnyk $5k/year in order to do the job for free just because he loves it, then we can revisit it. Failing that, all you're doing is taking a sucker-punch at fans to make yourself feel better about your "fan card".

We get it. You're the best fan that ever faned. Your bronze statue is in the mail.

im stealing this

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Nah, it was directed at a person in particular. A joke of sorts.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest because it wasnt my intention to get a response from you

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm guessing this guy a is probably and the next is another yes man for Melnyk .

That's why Tim Murray would never come here, because the dude would tell Melnyk to shove it and tell Dorion to grow a pair .

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad