Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators appoint Peter MacTavish as an assistant general manager

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today that they have appointed Peter MacTavish as one of the team's assistant general managers, effective Oct. 1, 2018.
MacTavish, 44, comes to the Senators following time as a labour and employment partner in the Ottawa office of global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP. With the Senators, his focus will include contracts, salary arbitration and managerial support of hockey operations, both in Ottawa and with the Belleville Senators.
MacTavish has also been involved in the player representation industry for the past 15 years, most recently with CAA Hockey, where he assisted with player recruitment, player management and contract negotiations.
MacTavish graduated from Queen's University in 1997 with a Bachelor of Science (Honours) before completing his law degree at the University of Ottawa in 2002. Peter and his wife Melanie reside in Ottawa and have four children, Emma, Matthew, Grace and Ryan.

Ottawa Senators appoint Peter MacTavish as an assistant general manager

It is also worth noting that Ian Mendes is speculating that there might be a second assistant general manager hired.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
His name?

Mark Borowiecki.

Eugene Melnyk wearing a bad fake moustache and calling himself "Gene Belnyk".

"Oh, Eugene Melnyk? Yes, I've been told a few times that I look like him, though I always thought people were joking, because there's no way I look as good as that handsome devil. He's smart like you wouldn't believe, too. And so good at business. Oh, if only I looked like that!", said Eugene Melnyk, unconvincingly.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Possibly 2 GMs?

We're living the dream now, boys.

Maybe they go the strategic advisor route and bring on someone with a lot of experience. If they do hire someone else I would hope that it would be someone who knows how to win hockey trades. I don;t know who would be good for that role but Tim Murray and Brian Burke are two hockey executives currently available. They might not be the best option but they are tougher negotiators than Dorion which could be a good thing.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe they go the strategic advisor route and bring on someone with a lot of experience. If they do hire someone else I would hope that it would be someone who knows how to win hockey trades. I don;t know who would be good for that role but Tim Murray and Brian Burke are two hockey executives currently available. They might not be the best option but they are tougher negotiators than Dorion which could be a good thing.

What they both have in common is that they've both actually made worse decisions than Pierre Dorion.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

IIRC, apparently there's some bad blood between Tim Murray and Dorion. If my memory is correct, Timmy took some pretty nasty parting shots at Dorion on his way out of the org when he left for Buffalo.

I think the chances of Captain Sourpuss coming back to Ottawa while Dorion is here is pretty low.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Eugene Melnyk wearing a bad fake moustache and calling himself "Gene Belnyk".

"Oh, Eugene Melnyk? Yes, I've been told a few times that I look like him, though I always thought people were joking, because there's no way I look as good as that handsome devil. He's smart like you wouldn't believe, too. And so good at business. Oh, if only I looked like that!", said Eugene Melnyk, unconvincingly.

Reactions: derriko and NyQuil

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I wouldn't mind a guy like Burke coming in as an assistant GM. JUst somebody who won't drink the kool aid and brings a lot of experience.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I wouldn't mind a guy like Burke coming in as an assistant GM. JUst somebody who won't drink the kool aid and brings a lot of experience.

Really doubt Burke would be interested in an assistant GM job, not even sure he would take a GM role at this point.

Reactions: derriko

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Why in the world would we want a guy hired who would cause more front office issues, more public distractions, and eventually get himself fired mid season.

Yes, we need more of that.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
man if you guys didn't like Eugene's veiled threat from last December go check out Burke's threat in Calgary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad