Post-Game Talk: Ottawa Capitals @ Washington Senators, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
That was bull**** that the first Ovie goal didn't count. I would say the same if it were a Sens player.

Really close but I can see why it was no goal:

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.55.58 PM.png

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
That song sucks but maybe his dad is a big John Denver fan or something. If it's because TJ likes the song then he needs to get better taste in music :laugh:

Origin:

In late October, the Washington Capitals were having a team dinner in Vancouver when someone got ahold of the auxiliary cord. The group started blaring various music into their private backroom, and soon T.J. Oshie was given the reins.

He dialed up a surefire singalong song and watched as his teammates started to belt out the words:
“Country roads, take me home/To the place I belong/West Virginia, mountain mama/Take me home, country roads.”
There in the midst of the team’s successful five-game, 10-day road trip, Oshie’s individual goal song was born: “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” by John Denver. It was played after Oshie’s tying goal Monday night in the Capitals’ eventual 4-3 shootout loss to Arizona, and fans quickly took notice and sung along — exactly how Oshie planned it.

“There’s different ways to pick a goal song,” Oshie said. It is either “something that is important to you and gets you going or gets the crowd going, so I figured the best part of playing in front of our fans is them getting involved, and I figured everyone, or at least most everyone, knows at least the chorus of ‘Country Roads.’ ”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad