Ottawa Becoming this Generations Rival?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I think it's all about location and big history. If Qc comes back, rivalry will ensue very quickly.
The Flyers also played the bullying card like the Bruins, we also played them in the POs, you even had Richards whining in media about PK, but it never became a rivalry.

Agreed that the Nerdiques would be an instant-rival. The Flyers were a rival, though briefly. I remember that Richards interview -- still can't stand the guy because of it. The thing with Philly is the hate evaporated as quickly as their Cup window. Pronger was injured and gone shortly after that season, a year later Richards and Carter were traded, Humongous-Big was brought into play goalie, and we watched as the entire team crumbled under the weight of Holmgren's hubris. Kind of like the Bruins, as a legit rival the Flyers went from Darth Vader to Squidward.

dreamingofdrouin*

Bruins are Bruins, doesn't seem to matter which era there is mutual hate/respect. Leafs are the 'historic' rivals for the Habs but they've never really had any meaningful games this generation.

Sens have always been like Buffalo for me, we play a lot but nothing really that meaningful. Nowadays, especially after the 2 playoff series, they are growing on me as a rival. Can we say new rival emerged? Frankly, I'm seeing them more of a rival than I've ever seen the Leafs.

I think they're cute cause they think we give a **** about them lol...i have no idea why they hate us so much but i don't really care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad