Ottawa 67's 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Good game tonight the Dogs almost won in overtime too ringing one off the cross bar winning goal by Ottawa on a pick play surprise it counted but still got a point see what you have for Hamilton

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Going to venture to say that Kody Clark may be the first player in OHL history to get overtime winners in three straight games. For bonus points, they've all been very, very nice goals!

The 67's won won nearly two thirds of their games but have been outscored by 16 goals, a feat which also may be a first in league history. The good news is that their D is playing much better with Okhotyuk, Stratis and Wilson continuing to improve and with Robertson's dominant comeback in his first couple games back.

I'd love to see the team add a 70-80 point OA to help out this season. We have enough picks to move a couple and still have a fully loaded cupboard to make big runs over the next two seasons.
Two of those games account for 18 goals~1\3 which explains this anomaly. I guess if you're gonna lose, lose big!

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I heard last night at the game that auger was traded to maybe kingston for a draft pick. He did not play last night.

Any news on this deal?

Another bit of good news for the team is in Brock Otten's preliminary top 50 OHL players eligible for this year's NHL draft ( https://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017/10/preliminary-top-50-for-2018-nhl-entry.html ), Ottawa has:
11) Kevin Bahl
18) Kody Clark
30) Carter Robertson
40) Peter Stratis
46) Mitch Hoelscher
Honourable mention: Sam Bitten

It's good to see Hoelscher and Bitten get some love as they've both played far better than their point production, especially on the PK.

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
Was told on friday he was told he was getting traded. So since he did not play all weekend my guess is he will be gone.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
With Logan Brown's return from the Sens to Windsor, do you think the 67's would consider making a big deal to pick him up?

There are three good reasons:
1) Ottawa Senators first round pick would likely attract Sens fans and give the marketing department its best player since TK;
2) Add a semi-local player with many local connections who spent a lot of time here as a kid;
3) Most importantly, give the 67's a key playmaker at Centre.

It seems that Jeff Hunt and Jeff Brown had a good relationship, in spite of Jeff Brown's decision to move back to St. Louis.

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
I tbink brown was let go in a quiet way. As for logan I would not bring him here for half a season. I would go for a player you would have for two years.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Salty why would this team pick up a rental player it is in no way a contender. I would either save the picks for next year or if a bonafide stud comes available make the deal.

Going for Brown this year is a waste of picks and players.

I think this team has a good nucleus of talent that will get better with ice time. This year should be good but next year should be even better.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Salty why would this team pick up a rental player it is in no way a contender. I would either save the picks for next year or if a bonafide stud comes available make the deal.

Going for Brown this year is a waste of picks and players.

I think this team has a good nucleus of talent that will get better with ice time. This year should be good but next year should be even better.
agreed

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Nope, went through waivers unclaimed so he's off to the Q

No real surprise there. I didn’t think he was an OHL player. He wasn’t really good at anything in particular and not a good enough all around player. I thought he may catch on with some team as the #6-7 but I guess Moncton is hurting...

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Nope, went through waivers unclaimed so he's off to the Q Too bad we couldn't get something for him. Ended up being a waste of a third rounder. Surprised nobody took him as he's an ok player and only 18. Was a victim of numbers and talent on our team. Would have had no trouble making this team 3-4 years ago.

EasternOntario Fan

Mar 21, 2012
I tbink brown was let go in a quiet way. As for logan I would not bring him here for half a season. I would go for a player you would have for two years.

You are certainly correct about Jeff. Also agree about Logan--you don't spend your full allowance to get a 6 month rental UNLESS you are making a run. As others state, maybe next year is the year to do that.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You are certainly correct about Jeff. Also agree about Logan--you don't spend your full allowance to get a 6 month rental UNLESS you are making a run. As others state, maybe next year is the year to do that.

And you don’t do it to put a Sens prospect in their back yard. You get the “right “ player at the “right” time.

As others have mentioned, I think the player you go after is another kid like Felhaber except a centre. Two years plus a potential OA season is the way to go. We don’t need to overpay for a 1st round NHL pick tht simply is not all that much better than an undrafted player that could be an OA. Look at Rymsha right now. What Sarnia got with Rymsha last season is what we NEED this season.

Reactions: swoopster

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Question about getting tickets for a game in Ottawa. Why is the white sections (9,10, 11) so cheap? Is there a catch?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Good win, been a while since we won one like that. Been on the other end of these the last 6 years. Hopefully they build on it tomorrow and don't go in with inflated heads as young teams can. Onus on the coaches to get them ready for tomorrow, Oshawa will not be this easy.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
No catch at all on the seating, alcohol is allowed in all sections as far as I know :)

There isn't really a bad seat in the house, but being behind the benches means that you won't see the replays on the "Jumbotron."

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Question about getting tickets for a game in Ottawa. Why is the white sections (9,10, 11) so cheap? Is there a catch?

No catch at all on the seating, alcohol is allowed in all sections as far as I know :)

There isn't really a bad seat in the house, but being behind the benches means that you won't see the replays on the "Jumbotron."

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Great win today, it's nice to see the team continue to progress! The four 2000 born defencemen and Peric are all playing much better now. Robertson can really fly out there, truly dynamic player and he might end up being the highest drafted out of all the team's eligibles if he stays healthy and moves the puck like he did today.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
...As others have mentioned, I think the player you go after is another kid like Felhaber except a centre. Two years plus a potential OA season is the way to go. We don’t need to overpay for a 1st round NHL pick tht simply is not all that much better than an undrafted player that could be an OA. Look at Rymsha right now. What Sarnia got with Rymsha last season is what we NEED this season.

OMG we are faced with that problem right now here in Saginaw. A boat load of picks that I'm afraid we will blow on the wrong type of player. I, like you ,want to hand out draft picks judiciously, and grab the type of player you described. A player like Felhaber...oh wait...we traded him to you.;)

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
This is a young team. Therefore you can expect great games as well as stinkers with a few good games in the middle. I think the signs that this team is going in the right direction is the limiting of blowouts.

As to trades why would you trade for anyone at this stage. Let's see what happens this team is going to have possibly a really bad Xmas considering that the euros will probably get called up and we have a few going to the under 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad