Confirmed Trade: [OTT/VAN] Travis Hamonic for 2022 3rd round pick

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
There is zero reasons why Senators should make this move though..
I was initially mystified but there could be a reason. Brown and Mete won't be kept after this season and perhaps Zaitsev can be made to go away too. Thus, no RD depth with NHL experience.

Same thought stated in the previous post to mine which I missed. Oops

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
People are saying he is actually NHL quality, which we still need.

Yeh its an overpay, but its definitely a sellers market.

I'm coming around on it, and I'm HOPING Dorion did his homework and found out that none of the other available RD were willing to stick around/sign with Ottawa.

SO why make the trade now if its a sellers market around the deadline? Its not like the Senators have anything to play for the rest of this season.

Why not wait until the offseason. Bottom pair defensemen are available all the time. Its not like Hamonic is an irreplaceable piece.

This trade makes no sense.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ottawa was robbed at gun point here. This guy may have once been solid but he's been a complete liability for the Canucks. The fact that a 3rd was returned for him is really surprising.

It's a bad trade for Ottawa. but if it's a third round pick no need to rob anyone at gun point, just threaten to slap them.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
SO why make the trade now if its a sellers market around the deadline? Its not like the Senators have anything to play for the rest of this season.

Why not wait until the offseason. Bottom pair defensemen are available all the time. Its not like Hamonic is an irreplaceable piece.

This trade makes no sense.

It makes sense if you look at it through the lens of Dorion thinking Hamonic is a top 4D the team was looking for. So a 3rd is cheap for a top 4D.

Reactions: asd1

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
He was decent a few years ago. I guess there’s a chance he regains his form as a veteran presence and becomes a decent trade piece next season. Then again, that’s probably the best case scenario for Ottawa in a deal that confuses me.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Hey Tre, you should have been fired for trading a 1st for this absolute bum

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Much as I'm pleased to see the Canucks rid of Hamonic, this trade is a personal embarrassment as I've been writing in various threads on hfb-Canucks that nobody would give up a positive asset for Hamonic's contract.

Reactions: LuGBuG

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Much as I'm pleased to see the Canucks rid of Hamonic, this trade is a personal embarrassment as I've been writing in various threads on hfb-Canucks that nobody would give up a positive asset for Hamonic's contract.
I can see Dermott coming in place of him. I don't know if that's right, though.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I’m so happy this sack of shit isn’t in Vancouver anymore, high maintenance mother f***er.
You are batshit crazy. JFC...

Then on the other side of things you have some Senators fans freaking out over a f***ing 3rd round pick.

Bunch of absolute nutjobs in here, get a grip. It's a perfectly reasonable trade.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Then on the other side of things you have some Senators fans freaking out over a f***ing 3rd round pick.

Bunch of absolute nutjobs in here, get a grip. It's a perfectly reasonable trade.
Hamonic can still carry the puck; I don't think he's totally useless.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I know, glad the Senators have him.
He will love the fact some other team isnoaying him.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Bye bye Hamonic, don't let the door hit you on the way out! Bad fit here, never gelled with any other D, always a square peg in a round hole fit.

Now if they can ship out his other useless D buddy Poolman.....

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Bye bye Hamonic, don't let the door hit you on the way out! Bad fit here, never gelled with any other D, always a square peg in a round hole fit.

Now if they can ship out his other useless D buddy Poolman.....
I remember we being excited to bring him into our team. We were wrong.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I don't understand this trade for OTT.
For VAN sounds like cleaning a bit of cap but Hamonic was not bad per se for a bottom pair guy, just not as good as many expected him to be and a bit overpaid (Benning style).

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad