Waived: [OTT] F Zack MacEwen waived by the Senators (cleared)

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I’m starting to get more interested in players who aren’t hitting the waiver wire. Seems like a lot of waiver fodder this season?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If a team is worried about losing the player on waivers after picking him up on waivers, there is no use in picking the player off of waivers.
MacEwen is one of those guys whose value would increase if he clears.
If he can pass up and down to the minors for the rest of the year, a contending team could see value in him if they know they can slide him up and down from the AHL + in and out of the NHL lineup on demand, without risk. He has a nice cap hit too.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
When the Devils waived Willman yesterday I thought “he’d be better than MacEwan in Ottawa” and kinda hoped they’d grab him and waive MacEwan. Well, half of that works for me.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He might be marginally better than Reaves. But you already have Reaves.

What’s your rationale?
I like that type of player. I would keep Reaves as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mean...he's big, cheap, and knows his role. Severely limited role, but he has one nonetheless. You can do a lot worse for a 4th line banger/depth forward/fightpuncher. But you can also do better for not a lot of expense. :dunno:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Did some nice things for the Flyers last year in a Bobby Farnham sort of way. But like the Devils the Flyers roster has improved so as there is no slot for him.

Should be a contributor in Belleville.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
His term will probably scare teams off from claiming him. That was a head scratcher signing by Dorion.

Reactions: Altimus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad