Waived: [OTT] F Rourke Chartier waived by the Senators (cleared)

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
This is a surprising move. Although he doesn't produce offensively, quite reliable forward defensively.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
I like this player. He is probably good enough to be a regular NHLer on a teams 4th/extra tbh.

As noted above, he is a reliable defensive minded guy, who gives an honest shift every time out. Sadly, his offensive skills are almost non existent which really is the root cause of his inability to crack ft the big show

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not surprised, play in Belleville and gives team 30 days of flexibility, leading up to TDL.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
This is a surprising move. Although he doesn't produce offensively, quite reliable forward defensively.
Cap/roster move. They are at the 23-man roster limit (14 forwards) and can not activate Forsberg from LTIR.

Not sure on the math, but it's possible that if they can remove Chartier from the roster now and Sogaard after the Detroit game - then activate Forsberg as soon as his 24 days is up so that they can accrue cap space over the all-star break.

... or I could be talking nonsense.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
He is definitely an AHL player.

I think people assume he can defend and PK because his offense is so non-existant and he had a decent motor.

Really he is just not very good at anything. Not surprising as he is probably the worst roster player on a very poorly performing team.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
He is definitely an AHL player.

I think people assume he can defend and PK because his offense is so non-existant and he had a decent motor.

Really he is just not very good at anything. Not surprising as he is probably the worst roster player on a very poorly performing team.
Really? He seemed pretty solid on the PK and reliable in his own end. He's just useless as soon as he crosses the red line, not ideal for a forward.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Really? He seemed pretty solid on the PK and reliable in his own end. He's just useless as soon as he crosses the red line, not ideal for a forward.
Nah, he just doesnt make alot of mistakes defensively but also doesn't do anything particularly well. That's not enough for a guy who is a black hole offensively.

0.6 hits per game, 0.3 blocked shots, 7 TK & 14 GV in 34 games. He just screams low impact.

Reactions: The Expert

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Theory going around is that they want to activate Forsberg off the IR, but need a little cap space to do it.

By activating Forsberg, they can send Sogaard down to get some games in during the break.

If this correct, likely a couple others will be papered to Belleville before midnight tonight.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Theory going around is that they want to activate Forsberg off the IR, but need a little cap space to do it.

By activating Forsberg, they can send Sogaard down to get some games in during the break.

If this correct, likely a couple others will be papered to Belleville before midnight tonight.
From a non-hockey, personal perspective, great for Forsberg. As a Senators fan, can't help but wish he was out for the year. He is cooked.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Ottawa sent Chartier down to the AHL.

They also sent Sogaard down and recalled Mandolese (who makes a little less).

Forsberg is now eligible to come off LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad