Proposal: Ott/Edm - Ott/Col - Ott/Arizona

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
To Ottawa: Yakupov

To Edmonton: Puempel and a 3rd.

To Ottawa: Landeskog

To Colorado: Hoffman (with extension), Chabot and 2018 2nd.

To Ottawa: Michael Stone

To Arizona : Curtis Lazar and Borowiecki

Landeskog-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Smith-Pageau -Yakupov
Dzingel-Paul-Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Stone - Wideman

Anderson

Flame away!

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
1) I dont want Yakupov on my team... plain and simple
2) We need a scorer more than the 2-way play/Leadership that Ladeskog brings
3) Lazar is set to become what Landeskog would bring back (except for the offensive upside), so may as well keep him

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
1) I dont want Yakupov on my team... plain and simple
2) We need a scorer more than the 2-way play/Leadership that Ladeskog brings
3) Lazar is set to become what Landeskog would bring back (except for the offensive upside), so may as well keep him

LOL, your reasoning for 2/3 is hilarious.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Col, wont be moving their captain .For Hoffman,the other two pieces would be of value .But we add a better winger possibly Stone for this to happen ,which we wont do .So no deal here :nod:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
1) Edmonton would just keep Yapukov instead probably.

2) Wouldn't do it as a Sens fan. We need Chabot too much.

3) Arizona declines easily.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
1. Way too much to give up for Yakupov. Even if Ottawa is about to lose Puempel to waivers, Ottawa has zero use for Yakupov.

2. Seriously doubt Colorado entertains an offer like this for Landeskog, they could get more. Also, even if they do it, Ottawa is getting great production from Hoffman already. Why take this risk and give up Ottawa's only serious top-4 defensive prospect.

3. I'm not even going to bother addressing the value, but the trade makes no sense for other reasons. Ottawa needs a bottom pairing LHD to play with Wideman, not a top-4 RHD. Who is Stone going to replace? Ceci? How much of an upgrade is that? With this trade Ottawa will end up playing either Ceci or Stone on the bottom pairing, Wideman in the pressbox, and having no one to play beside Ceci/Stone now that you've traded Boro.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
But how can you resist Mark Borowiecki? :sarcasm:

Yeah I could have definitely added more to the Arizona proposal lol. My bad on that.

Yakupov I think is worth taking a chance on and I think Ottawa needs tougher players to play against in their top six, hence Hoffman for Landy.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have a feeling the Avs wouldn't trade Landeskog for another left winger. I believe the only way he'd be on the table is for a defender.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Landeskog-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Smith-Pageau -Yakupov
Dzingel-Paul-Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Stone - Wideman

Anderson

Flame away!

The only deal i would do is the last one. The rest are brutal for Ottawa.

I wouldnt deal a 3rd for Yakupov alone and I dont value Puemple much at all, but Yakupov has no hockey sense.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

Landeskog-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Smith-Pageau -Yakupov
Dzingel-Paul-Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Stone - Wideman

Anderson

Flame away!
Rather keep Yakupov than add a LW that wouldn't even make the Oilers. Lucic, Pouliot, Maroon, Hendricks

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
1) Yes, I'd do this. I think Yak will rebound on another team and I've personally never been a big fan of Puempel.
2) Don't want to give up Chabot even though Landeskog is a fantastic player; prefer to just stay the course with Hoffman and Chabot.
3) I don't think Ottawa can afford to add another young defender given that they will probably lose one already to the expansion draft – a trade for a player like Stone should happen next offseason. In terms of acquisitions, I'd be very cognizant of how such a trade would affect the team in a year's time when it comes to giving LV a player. Better to just find a serviceable veteran UFA and give them a one-year deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad