Prospect Info: Other Stars Prospect Videos (Martino, Kyrou, Arcuri, Roulette, White)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Christian Kyrou time

Up next is Arcuri, then Gavin White, then Roulette. Or Roulette then White, idk

Reactions: Henderson33

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gavin White highlights. Roulette is next. Wish the Stars would sign Morrison so I could have an excuse to do his video...might do it anyways idk he has a ton of highlights

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Gavin White was basically tied with Logan Morrison in terms of guys I enjoyed most watching with Hamilton much of the regular season. I honestly was more interested in them drafting him at one point.

@Starry Knight already had me seeing the error of my ways when we were talking about Kyrou and White previously in terms of defense at the junior level. Watching his highlights made me think of Korchinski and how I also came away unimpressed with him as well. I think Starry was absolutely right that at this level, it really is more important to show that you are capable of the special plays in the offensive zone if you're an offensive D. If you're not great in the defensive zone, that's not a deal breaker.

It was my first year watching a ton of the OHL and CHL in general, and I really do see now why Gavin White scared the hell out of me in the playoffs and I sort of turned on him, but also why that is the wrong way to look at him. Pretty much every offensive defender in the CHL seems to be somewhat of a shitshow. Plus, Hamilton was basically playing 4 D the last few rounds and taxing all of them because their hand was forced by injuries.

I was honestly a bit disappointed when they took White, and I realize that was because my perception of defenders at that level was off. I was really having a hard time wrapping my mind around guys struggling to defend guys their own age and how they'd possibly stand a chance against tougher competition. I realize now that with this type of defender, as long as they're clowning the opposition in the offensive zone like Kyrou and White are capable of doing, that's what you need to see.

I wish I would have had an opportunity to watch Harley in the OHL. Might have learned the lesson a bit sooner. I'm sure I would have been disappointed with him as well given the way I was watching that type of player. To be fair though, they can look brutal at times in their own zone, and it's really hard to not get concerned about the massive gap in talent between the NHL and the CHL and taking that next step.

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad