OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I like the mind set here. Sounds like they thought about trading back, but Atlanta's curve ball threw everything out of whack. They didn't want to risk the Raiders taking Nix.
Exactly, take your guy don't f*** around. Who cares if the draft " experts" think it's a reach. These are same idiots that said Tom Brady was a borderline backup.

It's very clear that Payton put a ton of research and thought into drafting Nix. It sounds like Nix was right behind Williams and Daniels on their list. And since those two weren't possible, they went with Nix.

It's honestly refreshing to hear how much thought they put into the pick. They weren't just going to pick him to pick him since they needed a QB. As with any QB pick we'll see, but I'm glad they got a guy they are comfortable with.

Should the broncos try to get into the 2nd?
If there is an o-line guy or a WR they absolutely love then, yes.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Should the broncos try to get into the 2nd?
Depends on who they want to trade up and get. There should be a pretty good number of quality defensive players available in round 2. Problem is, they don't pick until the 3rd round (#76).

To get into round 2, they're going to have to either trade a 2025 pick plus their current 3rd rounder, or trade Sutton, get a 3rd rounder for him, and trade two 3rd rounders to move into the 2nd. Something like that.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Honestly the Nix pick is more about Payton than Nix. He clearly is super high on him. I’m not a big Nix fan but he does have traits that could really pop in a Payton offense. Nothing would shock me with QBs at this point. The coach/QB/system combo is the most important aspect at this point.

If the Nuggets go back to back it’ll be crazy. A 2nd round pick basically changed the entire game for this franchise. I honestly think Jokic could go down as the GOAT Denver athlete. Not even a hot take anymore.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming

“I gotta be honest with you,” Nuggets forward Aaron Gordon said in the hallway when I asked if they were privately reveling in all of this Lakers sadness. “It’s never about the other team. It’s always about the guys in our locker room. It’s always about our group of guys. So we don’t really think about our opponents.”

These guys have it... LFG!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Honestly the Nix pick is more about Payton than Nix. He clearly is super high on him. I’m not a big Nix fan but he does have traits that could really pop in a Payton offense. Nothing would shock me with QBs at this point. The coach/QB/system combo is the most important aspect at this point.

If the Nuggets go back to back it’ll be crazy. A 2nd round pick basically changed the entire game for this franchise. I honestly think Jokic could go down as the GOAT Denver athlete. Not even a hot take anymore.
I mean Jokic is probably a fringe top 20 all time player right now no? Assuming he wins his 3rd MVP that is. The only Denver athletes that are top 20 all time in their sport are Roy, maybe Elway and maybe Sakic? Top 20 may be pushing it with Sakic tbf.

Reactions: Avs_19

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
The price for Sean Payton was way too steep, IMO. The 1st last year was enough, no reason for our 2nd this year to have been included as well. We are really bad at haggling, especially since Payton wanted to come here.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I mean Jokic is probably a fringe top 20 all time player right now no? Assuming he wins his 3rd MVP that is. The only Denver athletes that are top 20 all time in their sport are Roy, maybe Elway and maybe Sakic? Top 20 may be pushing it with Sakic tbf.

I’m biased but I’d say without question he’s in the top 20. He’s just going to keep climbing as well. Guess it depends where you’d put Elway/Roy. When it’s all said and done it would be pretty surprising if Jokic isn’t a top 7 player ever IMO.

Was really hoping Broncos would draft Franklin. Time for the Avs lol

Reactions: The Abusement Park

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's kind of weird watching the Broncos be aggressive and go after the guys they want.

Great move, going and getting Franklin. He and Nix were dynamic at Oregon.

Reactions: Grackle Party

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Reggie Jackson is on the court taking shots with his ankle wrapped right now. Not sure if he's going to play, he's not really doing much jumping/cutting, but it's a good sign that he's at least walking without the limp and taking shots. We should be able to win this game without him if we have to.

Reactions: GeoRox89

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Stephen A Bitch and Kendrick Perkins having a fullon Lakers meltdown 30 minutes before the sweep. I'm so glad the Lakers are getting blown up after they get spanked by the Nuggets. These dumbshits won't have anything to talk about.

LeBron is gonna have to convince a team out east to draft his son so he can duck the Nuggets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad