OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So the Nugs have amazing star players but a rubbish bench because they keep losing 3rd quarters big time and I guess that's when all the benchers come on, right?

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
So the Nugs have amazing star players but a rubbish bench because they keep losing 3rd quarters big time and I guess that's when all the benchers come on, right?
No, all four bench guys had a positive plus/minus tonight and the bench generally plays the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Reactions: GeoRox89

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Jokic have been trying to get this call for years and never gotten it, but thankfully Gordon and MPJ saved it. Play of the game other than Murray's shot

Reactions: Pokecheque

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Where did this take about 3rd quarters come from? It hasn’t been the story in this series. The last 5 minutes of the 3rd was when they took over game 1 and last night they’d narrowed the largest gap by half by the end of the 3rd. Whatever happened in the regular season doesn’t matter anymore.

The bench players weren’t the problem last night. Jamal not being able to make anything until into the 4th was a huge part, leaving Russell open to keep draining 3s was also a huge part and to a lesser extent Joker not making anything from the field for (almost?) 2 quarters after a great first didn’t help

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Where did this take about 3rd quarters come from? It hasn’t been the story in this series. The last 5 minutes of the 3rd was when they took over game 1 and last night they’d narrowed the largest gap by half by the end of the 3rd. Whatever happened in the regular season doesn’t matter anymore.

The bench players weren’t the problem last night. Jamal not being able to make anything until into the 4th was a huge part, leaving Russell open to keep draining 3s was also a huge part and to a lesser extent Joker not making anything from the field for (almost?) 2 quarters after a great first didn’t help
I don't know, that's what my buddies keep telling me because of what happened in the regular season.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I don't know, that's what my buddies keep telling me because of what happened in the regular season.
It was a recurring issue for parts of the regular season but the playoffs are a whole different thing.

In the regular season the starters play roughly 30 minutes and guys like DeAndre Jordan, Zeke Nnaji, Julian Strawther, Collin Gillespie. Jalen Pickett, Jay Huff, Braxton Key, and Hunter Tyson were being mixed in with the main rotation.

In the playoffs the starters play roughly 40 minutes and the only bench guys who figure to play significant minutes most nights are Braun, Watson, Jackson, and Holiday. That means a minimum of 1 starter is always on the floor and the bench guys have fewer minutes to manage among a better group of guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRox89

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
It’s super close between him and Brady…..but I do think LeBron takes the ultimate diva award.
Brady was always a bitch and I loved the Broncos beating him so many times, but he never bugged me as much as Lebron does.

Crosby’s up there, too, for bitches I guess. But he’s not in the conversation for best ever, just generational best.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Brady was always a bitch and I loved the Broncos beating him so many times, but he never bugged me as much as Lebron does.

Crosby’s up there, too, for bitches I guess. But he’s not in the conversation for best ever, just generational best.
I feel like Crosby really toned down the bitching a lot from when he entered the league. But my god was it awful when he was young.

Reactions: The Moops

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I feel like Crosby really toned down the bitching a lot from when he entered the league. But my god was it awful when he was young.
Yeah this is true. He was one whiny dude when he first came into the league, though.

All of those people mentioned, even Lebron, are pretty stand up guys IRL. Lebron just always bugs me with his complaining to the refs on the court.

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
totally with ya - in some weird way I was actually rooting for Tom once he went to TB. Just to screw over BB which we all kinda knew was gonna happen.

I think the most irritating thing about LeBron to me is the whining and trying to be the GM/Owner. There’s just so much damn noise with him. Jordan will always be the best in my book. I don’t think I was really ever a Jordan fan during his heyday but I will always always appreciate just how cold/calculated the guy was. If you crossed Jordan he wouldn’t moan and bitch about it - he’d just go out there and make you look like an absolute fool the next possession down. He was just nasty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad