OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I don’t think McCarthy is going to amount to anything. No offense to the guy, but he has Joe College written all over him and they almost never turn out well.

I’m ok with Bowers and Nix. If we’re going to take a flyer on a QB Nix has just as good a chance as anyone, imo. Bowers is the man.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don’t think McCarthy is going to amount to anything. No offense to the guy, but he has Joe College written all over him and they almost never turn out well.

I’m ok with Bowers and Nix. If we’re going to take a flyer on a QB Nix has just as good a chance as anyone, imo. Bowers is the man.
Bowers is crazy good. Would love to get him.

Would be fine with Nix but we'd have to trade into the late 1st to get him, not sure how they'd pull that off.

Reactions: 5280

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

McCarthy screams to me career backup. I don’t know how the media has shaped this “big 4” of qb’s because I think there’s a pretty big drop off after #3. I see McCarthy bombing out and Nix outperforming. But the top 3 are prob going 1,2 & 3.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Would you trade PS2 for Arizona's 4th overall and 35th overall?
Nope and I don't see them doing that. You can't trade away every talent you have just to get a QB. People advocating for this must quickly forget the horrendous mistakes teams have made trading up for QBs in recent years. Have any of these trades worked out since Mahomes got picked?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Cody Williams forgot how to play basketball while recovering from his injury, like wtf happened to him?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nope and I don't see them doing that. You can't trade away every talent you have just to get a QB. People advocating for this must quickly forget the horrendous mistakes teams have made trading up for QBs in recent years. Have any of these trades worked out since Mahomes got picked?
If there is a QB that our staff absolutely loves you do whatever it takes to get him.

QBs are essential, CBs are not. That being said PS2 shouldn't be the initial offer, try basically everything else first. If no luck and you absolutely want a specific QB and PS2 is the only way to make it happen then you need to do it. Can't win in this league without one.

Look at SF, should have won the SB, but they have a middling game manager who couldn't make the big play when needed. KC won with an inferior team but a excellent QB.

McCarthy screams to me career backup. I don’t know how the media has shaped this “big 4” of qb’s because I think there’s a pretty big drop off after #3. I see McCarthy bombing out and Nix outperforming. But the top 3 are prob going 1,2 & 3.
QBs will go 1-3 for sure. Sad because the best player falls into Arizona's laps at 4. I see absolutely no reason they'd trade the pick. Harrison is arguably the best WR prospect in quite some time, guy will step in day 1 and make a huge impact.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So we keep our CB talent and just let it rot in a roster that's going nowhere because it doesn't have a QB? I say trade it and roll the dice. Even if the QB fails, we're just back to square 1.

Reactions: chet1926

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So we keep our CB talent and just let it rot in a roster that's going nowhere because it doesn't have a QB? I say trade it and roll the dice. Even if the QB fails, we're just back to square 1.
Exactly this. CBs are absolutely lower on the totem pole in terms of team succuss.

In terms of team success I'd be putting priority on QB, then offensive and defensive lines (this includes high end pass rusher), then just grab as much talent as possible from there down. WRs, corners, safeties probably little higher than other positions.

For the Broncos since they lack talent pretty much everywhere if a stud like Bowers falls into your lap you have to consider it. Can't be passing on superstar talent to take 2nd round caliber QBs.

Reactions: sethro109

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’m really anxious to see where position value pans out on this new regime and I think we are finally going to get a glimpse of that when this draft/FA cycle is over. Payton def has the personnel reins. The old regime placed a very high value on WR/CB/OLB but I think it’s already apparent that Payton doesn’t agree with the WR part of that equation. I have heard Payton places a much higher value on the OL than this team has had in 20+ years but he hasn’t really made action on that yet with the Broncos. I think though that we may see some major adjustments with where cap dollars and draft picks are allocated. I’m honestly super over drafting OLB’s in the first two rounds of every damn draft at the expense of everything else. And having 2-3 WR’s making $10-$15M/year catching passes from dudes like Siemien has gotten us nowhere.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Just watched some Jayden Daniels highlights, if we traded to get him, there's no way our o-line allows that kind of time and space for him to do his thing.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
In "that can't possibly be true" news, Reggie Jackson just shot his first two free throw attempts since February 9th.

You're telling me he hasn't been fouled in a month and a half?

Reactions: Pokecheque

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I hope the Clippers' doctors only have great days for rest of their lives

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Why the hell did Malone keep three rookies, that never see any playing time, on the roster? And Gillespie on a two-way deal... He's clearly a better player right now than any of the rookies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Why the hell did Malone keep three rookies, that never see any playing time, on the roster? And Gillespie on a two-way deal... He's clearly a better player right now than any of the rookies.
Malone doesn't control the roster, Calvin Booth does.

Julian Strawther was a first round pick so he was guaranteed a roster spot.

I do agree that Jalen Pickett and Hunter Tyson should have been signed to two-way deals while Collin Gillespie and Braxton Key should've gotten the full time contracts, though. The latter two are much, much more capable of helping out in an emergency in the playoffs should the need arise.

But since Pickett and Tyson signed three year full time deals before the season started, there's not a lot we can do about it now. We certainly can't cut them and deal with three years of dead cap in the 2nd apron era. They'll have to try to trade Pickett and sign Gillespie to his roster spot in the offseason.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad