OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Just need Magic to buy out Gary and for Gary to come back home. Me for the past year:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The OKC Thunder are an affront to basketball. They took the best name and uniforms in the NBA and switched both to the absolute worst.

how they inherited the Sonics and Durant was pretty much the NHL equivalent of Colorado getting the gift of the Nordiques.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nuggets shit the bed tonight so I’ll leave them be.

Rockies are locked out and I get the distinct impression most fans don’t even care. I’ll leave them alone since there’s literally nothing going on with them.

That leaves the Broncos. Melvin Gordon wants to re-up? No thank you.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Nuggets shit the bed tonight so I’ll leave them be.

Rockies are locked out and I get the distinct impression most fans don’t even care. I’ll leave them alone since there’s literally nothing going on with them.

That leaves the Broncos. Melvin Gordon wants to re-up? No thank you.

Manfred doing everything in his power to kill the product. They almost did it a while ago, but the roided out Sosa, McGuire, Bonds etc brought interest back. Funny how they can't get in the Hall after they were the biggest reason baseball rose in popularity after the lean years.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

they could just open up the liquor stands on Friday and Saturday nights and probably get the same attendance (without the baseball)

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Manfred doing everything in his power to kill the product. They almost did it a while ago, but the roided out Sosa, McGuire, Bonds etc brought interest back. Funny how they can't get in the Hall after they were the biggest reason baseball rose in popularity after the lean years.

If they start May 1 instead do you really think there will be any impact? Owners just run the numbers and realize almost no one cares about April baseball.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I'm fine with those guys being kept out, but also freely acknowledge that baseball likely knew and turned a blind eye to it. Also, no way was it just them.

Selig was slime, but he's not nearly as bad as Manfred. I truly believe his goal is to save the owners as much money as possible, he doesn't give on iota about the game of baseball.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think it’s pretty ridiculous though that there’s not a salary cap and floor in baseball. If you don’t live on a coast you pretty much don’t have a baseball team.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I'm fine with those guys being kept out, but also freely acknowledge that baseball likely knew and turned a blind eye to it. Also, no way was it just them.

Selig was slime, but he's not nearly as bad as Manfred. I truly believe his goal is to save the owners as much money as possible, he doesn't give on iota about the game of baseball.

Sounds like almost every Canadian's opinion of Bettman and his level of concern for the game of hockey. Don't get it twisted, commissioners have only one job and that's to protect the interests of the owners. No sport is going to hire some guy who just loves the game and wants to do right by it, we don't live in that world. Manfred is an easy scapegoat, but almost everyone could care less too about the criticism if they were getting paid $11m a year to do it.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Its hard to stay disappointed at the Nuggets for their plethora of bad losses to teams that are tanking when you have the Lakers just going out and losing every night and looking stupid doing it. Time for all the teams in the West to get to work and win a title because its inevitable the NBA and its star players are going to rig some deal to move the Lakers back to the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad