OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Florio wrote an article today suggesting the Browns could pay Drew Brees $50 million dollars on a one year deal. Crazy but actually realistic!

The Browns are going to have $110 million in cap space. That’s just unreal.

I know there’s all these Kirk Cousins rumors out there but I just can’t see how Captain Kirk passes up the big wads of money the Browns and Jets are going to be able to throw at him.

And yeah, there’s no way Brees leaves the Saints. But if he did on some wild crazy chance - he’s going to seriously seriously cash in. That would be a Peyton Manning-type FA hysteria circus.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Corey Dickerson got DFA'd

Bridich should trade more often and stop giving a lot of money to shit players in free agency.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wish the Rockies would get a catcher that was worth a damn. I've never been more frustrated with them than I have been with them at that position. Any time they've gotten a keeper (Jeff Reed, Brent Mayne) they did everything possible to screw things up with them. And if I ever hear the words "Catcher of the Future" from anyone in that organization ever again (Jayhawk Owens, Ben Petrick) I'll know that guy is doomed.

And now we're back to Chris Ianetta. Okay then...

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Dickerson is good right? And 6 mil isn't that much right? So what are the Rays doing?

He was bad in the 2nd half and his chase rate was terrible. However, this move is made because they want to get his salary off the books. Rays have been awful ever since Friedman left

Wish the Rockies would get a catcher that was worth a damn. I've never been more frustrated with them than I have been with them at that position. Any time they've gotten a keeper (Jeff Reed, Brent Mayne) they did everything possible to screw things up with them. And if I ever hear the words "Catcher of the Future" from anyone in that organization ever again (Jayhawk Owens, Ben Petrick) I'll know that guy is doomed.

And now we're back to Chris Ianetta. Okay then...

Iannetta is good though, and was great in his first stint here. I would prefer Lucroy over him but Iannetta isn't a bad stopgap.

Also think Bridich screwed up not waiting for the market to develop before giving bunch of money to players in free agency. Also that Ian Desmond contract is still shit

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Are you guys pro or con to re-signing Cargo?
tenor.gif

Reactions: McMetal

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
That’s what I figured. It’s just a marketing/good ole boy thing that he’s still in the convo from what I can tell.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The Jets are telling people they will pay whatever it takes to get Cousins. Man do I hope so.

Jets are another team that could improve themselves quickly. They have a team that played quite hard for most of the season, but like Denver, their QB play was horrible.

If they get Cousins, they could move down from that #6 spot (perhaps trade it for Buffalo's 2 first rounders), then they have 2 second round picks also. 4 picks in the top 50 can really help a team, if done correctly.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
it's a little weird how the NBA trades draft picks like peanuts. There's always a second rounder or a right to swap #1's in like half the deals. The NFL is so much more uptight about it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think it is because the draft is a total crapshoot in the NBA... top 5 picks routinely bust.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The NBA has been trying forever to get a minor league going. It's now apparently called the G-League (Gatorade sponsors it I guess, whatever). I'm not certain NBA teams are all that invested in developing talent. Just sign it and/or hope you get lucky and draft it out the gate.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The NBA has been trying forever to get a minor league going. It's now apparently called the G-League (Gatorade sponsors it I guess, whatever). I'm not certain NBA teams are all that invested in developing talent. Just sign it and/or hope you get lucky and draft it out the gate.
Yep and they have to draft their guys at 19 unlike the NFL that gets the majority at 22 and have no minor league or can't stash them in college in junior like the NHL and MLB. Honestly I think it got better with even with the one year raise in draft age.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I miss the days of college basketball when you had rivalries develop because kids stayed in school until their junior/senior years

Reactions: 5280

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Allowing the NCAA to devlop players is damn near the only thing the NFL does right.

Even if the NCAA is struggling to produce quality QBs and stuff. The NCAA product is damn fun to watch.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Given the product quality, G-League is an apt name for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad