OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets have signed Richard Jefferson and are expected to waive Jameer Nelson.

This is pretty big. It shows a lot of confidence in their young point guards, it means Barton will almost definitely get to spend all is time at the 2 instead of the 3, and it gives them a true small forward which allows them to play with big or small lineups (eg, Juancho or Chandler at the 3 or the 4 depending on the situation).

Reactions: Xokkeu

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Richard Jefferson is super old and can't play anymore. The thought of him actually playing makes me cringe, if I gotta be honest....just keeping seats warm, giving advice to young players, and cheering with his sweatpants on is all the "basketball" I'd want out of Jefferson this year.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
He's a good signing for a young team. He's not going to expected to play 20 minutes and score 20 points

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Whatever...still waiting to see if the "defensive-minded" Nuggets can actually play defense this year.

They were one of the best offensive and one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year. Don't know where they got the title defense minded

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They were one of the best offensive and one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year. Don't know where they got the title defense minded

Malone has, from the beginning, stressed that he wants his team to play defense first, that's what I'm getting at. Seems strange that a guy pressing it that much still can't seem to get his team to do more in that area. I'm not expecting them to be able to shut it down, especially with guys like Faried in the lineup, but that's concerning that they have to score something like 120+ points in order to win every night.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Malone has, from the beginning, stressed that he wants his team to play defense first, that's what I'm getting at. Seems strange that a guy pressing it that much still can't seem to get his team to do more in that area. I'm not expecting them to be able to shut it down, especially with guys like Faried in the lineup, but that's concerning that they have to score something like 120+ points in order to win every night.

Oh I see what you mean. Well giving up 120 points that's probably why he keeps saying it lol.

Reactions: Pokecheque

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Paul Millsap coming in is going to help the defense immensely. He's a vocal leader on the floor, he's got good mobility for a guy his size, he has quick hands, and he protects the rim. Gary Harris is a very good defender and Wilson Chandler is good too. That's three of the five starters that are good defensive players, with Jokic and Murray still developing.

Because of the pace the Nuggets play at and their offensive efficiency, they're going to give up a ton of possessions. That means they're going to give up a lot of points.

But if they can become an average or even slightly below average defensive team, they're going to blow teams out regularly.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Paul Millsap coming in is going to help the defense immensely. He's a vocal leader on the floor, he's got good mobility for a guy his size, he has quick hands, and he protects the rim. Gary Harris is a very good defender and Wilson Chandler is good too. That's three of the five starters that are good defensive players, with Jokic and Murray still developing.

Because of the pace the Nuggets play at and their offensive efficiency, they're going to give up a ton of possessions. That means they're going to give up a lot of points.

But if they can become an average or even slightly below average defensive team, they're going to blow teams out regularly.

I remember the warriors had the same probably and once they figured out defense it was game over

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets season!

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict 53 wins for this team. That's a 13 win improvement.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I hope they look better than their uniforms.

On a side note, I don't think I've ever been less enthusiastic about a much-hyped athlete's pro debut than that of Lonzo Ball. :laugh:

I give his dad credit. Excellent gonzo marketing campaign. Nobody gives a crap about Markelle Fultz debut.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Colorado State Rams can clinch their fifth consecutive bowl berth tonight against New Mexico. Game is on ESPN2.

The only other time they went to five straight was 1999-2003.

Every game for CSU is on ESPN or CBS Sports Network the rest of the season, so they should get some attention from the pollsters if they can keep winning.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Go Rams!

Sounds like the Nuggets played reasonably well for 3 quarters in their opener and then shit the bed in the 4th. The Denver Stiffs crew actually took Malone to task for bad clock management. I didn't see the game so I don't know but I continue to be less than impressed with Malone. Say what you will about George Karl but the Nuggets have yet to replace him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nice seeing all the old timers back, but it's not right that they retired a number for Doug Moe. Either one of hi pimp suits or a torrent of profanity should be hanging in the rafters in honor of him.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Lolololololol what was that?

It sucks because the Broncos have a playoff team. They have a non-NFL quality QB.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly, at this point I'd give Colin Kaepernick a call. Siemian is trash, Osweiler is just as bad, and Lynch isn't ready/isn't good.

At least Kaepernick has in the past shown he can be a quality QB in the NFL, both passing and running wise. It may be controversial but the Broncos are honestly in last-resort territory.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Honestly, at this point I'd give Colin Kaepernick a call. Siemian is trash, Osweiler is just as bad, and Lynch isn't ready/isn't good.

At least Kaepernick has in the past shown he can be a quality QB in the NFL, both passing and running wise. It may be controversial but the Broncos are honestly in last-resort territory.
Elway signing Kaepernick? Lol like that's gonna happen.

Kaep will help most teams, but the thing is, it's week 8. It's hard for a QB to come in this late and play well because he has to learn the playbook.

Would love to see them sign him just so I can see Wolfe go on a roid rage though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A huge part of the OL struggling though is Siemian's inabilities as a QB. He can't throw the ball down field, all he can do is throw quick slants and check downs. Defences know this, and are pressuring accordingly. No doubt the OL still sucks, but it's becoming more and more obvious that Siemian is to blame for this horrendous offence. Demariyus Thomas looks lethargic out there. He knows Siemian is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad