OT: Other Sports 79

Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Got a bad feeling about today. SOX always struggle against guys they've never seen, Cease will need to be extra sharp. And then who knows what they'll get out of Martin in game 2.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A6FA5FA8-589D-4971-9DF4-57F9A71432C4.jpeg

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not a fan of that idea. Let's tax players with more playing time when load management is already necessitated.

And in other NBA news, Orlando and OKC are the big winners of the draft lottery. Sacramento too, I guess, and can't help but laugh at Houston dropping.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Not a fan of that idea. Let's tax players with more playing time when load management is already necessitated.

And in other NBA news, Orlando and OKC are the big winners of the draft lottery. Sacramento too, I guess, and can't help but laugh at Houston dropping.
Imagine losing a big time player to injury

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I just don't get what they'll be playing it for. Some new mid season trophy?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Mcewing has gotten like 8 guys gunned at home this season right? Dude stinks

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Now's a good time for La Russa to do us a solid and resign his position. I never thought I would advocate this, but Ozzie would be a good replacement. This team needs life and he might be the guy to bring that.

He's a f***ing corpse. Everyone saw this coming when he was hired. He has no business managing a young team coming out of a rebuild, who needs energy and passion. On top of that, his managing decisions are f***ing atrocious. He needs to f*** off.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Apparently Timmy wasn't happy with Ozzie's postgame comments last night and told Guillen through the media to STFU. I didn't see the postgame show, but I believe Ozzie was criticizing La Russa's lineup in game 2, saying the Sox didn't put forth a competitive enough of a lineup. And that a young guy like TA shouldn't need a rest at the expense of supporting their young first time starter?

If I have that right. That's a little odd, as Ozzie used to drive me nuts with his non competitive Sunday starting lineups back in his days.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Ozzie is def v
Apparently Timmy wasn't happy with Ozzie's postgame comments last night and told Guillen through the media to STFU. I didn't see the postgame show, but I believe Ozzie was criticizing La Russa's lineup in game 2, saying the Sox didn't put forth a competitive enough of a lineup. And that a young guy like TA shouldn't need a rest at the expense of supporting their young first time starter?

If I have that right. That's a little odd, as Ozzie used to drive me nuts with his non competitive Sunday starting lineups back in his days.
Ozzie is viewed through rose colored glasses now. He was a clown as a manager and got canned by the marlins like a year after the sox dumped him and never sniffed another job for a reason. Hes a distraction and a fool.

Last edited:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Sox offense was top 10 and often top 5 in all MLB in most categories each of the past 2 seasons.

So here in 2022 that same roster is somehow emphatically worse than they were?

TA=A younger version
Moncada=A younger version
Robert>A younger version
Abreu<A younger version
Grandal=A younger version
Eloy>A younger version
Vaughn/Sheets>Encarnacion
Pollock>Mazara
Garcia/Harrison<Madrigal

This is what you’d expect. TA and Moncada both at the same level they were in 2020 is reasonable, and you’d figure the same with Grandal. You can factor in Abreu getting worse, but only slightly so was my expectation. Then you thought if Eloy and Robert are that productive in 2020 well surely they’d be AT LEAST just the same 2 years later. And you’re now giving me Andrew Vaughn and Gavin Sheets? And Pollock? And no more EE or Mazara(or Eaton either)?

Ok sure it sucks getting worse at 2B but everything else pretty much appears that it SHOULD be better or at least equal. You’d think the offense would only improve by now with so much young talent. But again….it’s just not happening that way. The players aren’t performing and/or they’re getting injured.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Meanwhile, I can take the ebbs and flows of a bad Cubs team without a care in the world. This past winning streak has been especially fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad