Other Hockey talk (NCAA, ECHL, AHL, KHL, etc.)

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Yeah, i ain't watching that. Is the tweet trying to say the "kung fu kick" was intentional? It sort of reads that way which seems really messed up.
I honestly can't tell, it looked like he was going for a cut-across-hit on one guy, missed, then just swung his leg up and caught Johnson skating forward directly into the "kick". It's not like it clipped the guys back leg and spun up and around across his throat, it was the "forward" leg of the hitting direction. Either that or when he wasn't making full contact on the hit he started leaning back and then his foot clipped the guys skate and threw him off balance and he started falling that direction which lifted his skate up like it did.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
It happened so fast I doubt it was intentional though he was careless and out of control to allow it to happen IMO.

Just a terrible incident; as I said in the main board thread I’m not sure he would’ve made it if it had happened in an OR with a trauma team.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Yeah, i ain't watching that. Is the tweet trying to say the "kung fu kick" was intentional? It sort of reads that way which seems really messed up.
It looks like the defender was going for a hip check. The team with the puck was running a pick play. The defender trying for the check and the guy trying to give Johnson space had a minor collision. The defender lost his balance, leaned forward to catch himself and was spinning from the hit. His back skate elevated due to the collision and caught Johnson square in the neck. No way that was intentional

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Guess who is currently dead last in the AHL? :laugh:
You love to see it.

IMG_1762.jpeg

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Man tomorrow looks like no joke. WCPS is an early dismissal and they're calling for 50mph winds, hail, and isolated tornados. Does look like it'll pass south of Raleigh, but all y'all stay safe.
Was curious after reading this and it’s the same here in Eastern NC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad