Other Games Around The League 2014-2015 Part II - Now with SCP Goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Keith, Kane, and Toews leading the way for Chicago. Love it.

If you are Nashville, or Vancouver....you can't give up such gigantic leads in such a critical game.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Up 3-0 and the Nucks lost. Up 2-0 and the Preds lost. I mean are these teams in a competition with us to take the 'top choker' award? Now all we need is a team losing a series after being up 3-0. I am looking at you Habs.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Its sad but this is exactly how I would have seen us if we made the playoffs. 1st round exit. We are not much different from the Nucks. Our best players are our older players.

Yeah that's why I didn't know why some people wanted them to make the playoffs. If you have no chance to win the Cup, might as well try for a better pick.

I can't make fun of the Canucks because we are very similar to them. Both teams have older stars who aren't going anywhere and will prevent the team from rebuilding because they are still good enough to keep them from being a bottomfeeder.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Up 3-0 and the Nucks lost. Up 2-0 and the Preds lost. I mean are these teams in a competition with us to take the 'top choker' award? Now all we need is a team losing a series after being up 3-0. I am looking at you Habs.

These big single game chokes are too small of a sample size to be indeterminably sustainable

Until someone else proves they can hold the choke over a full 7 game series, we're still the champs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shoulda signed Miller brah. Elite goaltender! Better than Niemi!

Did you just see him steal the game?

For Calgary.:laugh:

The McMafia

Sep 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
Yeah that's why I didn't know why some people wanted them to make the playoffs. If you have no chance to win the Cup, might as well try for a better pick.

I can't make fun of the Canucks because we are very similar to them. Both teams have older stars who aren't going anywhere and will prevent the team from rebuilding because they are still good enough to keep them from being a bottomfeeder.

Going forward I think the Sharks are in a much better position than the Canucks. They don't have a quality mid-aged group (Burns, Couture, Braun, Vlasic), have poor tradeable or hard to move assets (such as the Sedins likely needing to be moved as a pair), and have a couple questionable new contracts eating up cap space (Sbisa, Dorsett, Miller). Not to mention out of the Luongo, Schneider, and Kesler trades all they really got in return was Bonino and Horvat.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Going forward I think the Sharks are in a much better position than the Canucks. They don't have a quality mid-aged group (Burns, Couture, Braun, Vlasic), have poor tradeable or hard to move assets (such as the Sedins likely needing to be moved as a pair), and have a couple questionable new contracts eating up cap space (Sbisa, Dorsett, Miller). Not to mention out of the Luongo, Schneider, and Kesler trades all they really got in return was Bonino and Horvat.

I think that the Sharks are in a better position than Vancouver, since Vancouver is a terrible drafting team. Unless they have changed something up, I don't see them having much success drafting between outside of the top-10ish.

The Sharks aren't perfect, but key picks like Hertl, Nieto, etc. have put them on the correct path.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Don't even want to diss Vancouver. That had to suck for their fans.

Nashville on the other hand has only won once in the 1st round and has lost, what, 7 series in that round?

thasanjoseshawksdood*

I really hope DW is taking a good look at what the bounce back year Vancouver has done for them. That is going to be us, a higher seed team losing in the first round to a team that took the time to RE-BUILD. The only reason I believe Detroit is successful retooling on the fly because they have a somewhat recent cup under the belt to fall back on. What do we have? We have a history of disappointment on epic porportions, that's not the team you want to keep on keepin on.

Without a new foundation or mindset i feel like by the time other teams have completed their rebuild we'll ultimately end up without a cup and out of the playoffs.

I think if the sharks make the playoffs next year and lose early on, people will stop caring. If they give into the fact that they need a new core, and start new, people will be refreshed and happy to root for a new beginning.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I really hope DW is taking a good look at what the bounce back year Vancouver has done for them. That is going to be us, a higher seed team losing in the first round to a team that took the time to RE-BUILD. The only reason I believe Detroit is successful retooling on the fly because they have a somewhat recent cup under the belt to fall back on. What do we have? We have a history of disappointment on epic porportions, that's not the team you want to keep on keepin on.

Without a new foundation or mindset i feel like by the time other teams have completed their rebuild we'll ultimately end up without a cup and out of the playoffs.

I think if the sharks make the playoffs next year and lose early on, people will stop caring. If they give into the fact that they need a new core, and start new, people will be refreshed and happy to root for a new beginning.

This market can't sustain a rebuild like Calgary unless something drastic happens with that t.v. contract and the arena lease is renewed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't even want to diss Vancouver. That had to suck for their fans.

Nashville on the other hand has only won once in the 1st round and has lost, what, 7 series in that round?

I feel awful for them. Lost two different top 10 goaltenders in the last 2 years and got the skeleton of Ryan Miller.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Chicago is so amazing for getting past a team missing one of the best defensemen in the league while winning two games in OT and having a goal differential of -2 in the series.

Chicago got lucky plain and simple.

DefaultSharkie6

ZeHaHa, I am Darknes
Oct 8, 2011
Fremont
^^ same here at least we get to root for our team while they are in the playoffs, its better then thinking i wonder how much further we will fall like we are now

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Chicago is so amazing for getting past a team missing one of the best defensemen in the league while winning two games in OT and having a goal differential of -2 in the series.

Chicago got lucky plain and simple.

Yes, because winning games in OT is just luck. A coin flip. Random chance.

Coming back from down from 3-1? Critical play from your best players? Just a fluke.

Sometimes I wonder what game you are watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad