Other domestic leagues 2020/21

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Don’t know how accurate the report is but saw an article that says the Qatar FA want to send the majority of their national team on loan to Belgian side Eupen for the season before the World Cup

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Don’t know how accurate the report is but saw an article that says the Qatar FA want to send the majority of their national team on loan to Belgian side Eupen for the season before the World Cup
That would be interesting. Do you know if the Eupen has been taking as many African Dreams academy players in recent years?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Percy Tao is looking pretty electric for Anderlecht right now. I wonder if he will ever feature for Brighton.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Turnbull looked great for celtic today. Celtic tried to sign him last summer but he failed his medical. He had surgery and then celtic signed him this summer. Midfield looked more creative with him playing in the 2nd half then weve looked all season.

Reactions: sabremike

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Percy Tao is looking pretty electric for Anderlecht right now. I wonder if he will ever feature for Brighton.

He looked exactly like that early in his Club Brugge days, I think if you'd look in last season's domestic thread you'll see me praising him in September/October. However once temperatures dropped, he started to disappear and he spent most of his time watching the games rather than playing in them.
I will say he's probably a better fit at Anderlecht and I could see him having a good season, he won't have the same competition for a starting spot either as he did in Brugge.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Apparently ESPN+ secured the US SPFL right starting with the match between Celtic and THEM this Sunday.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Well that was as fun as being repeatedly stabbed in the eye with an ice pick. Down 0-2 at home early in the second half and there's all the urgency and intensity of a preseason friendly vs Stoke. Absolute disgrace.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Pretty impressive debut for Noa Lang at Club Brugge, played 45 minutes today in their game at Standard Liege
Could have scored a hattrick; one shot was saved, another went just wide, and a header was deflected off the post by the Standard goalie
Overall looked very eager, very quick, and always on the attack. Created chaos every time he touched the ball. Looks very promising

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Eye of Ra, how is Aron Johannsson playing in the Allsvenskan? I see he's scoring a lot of goals, but has he been playing that well?

My problem with his game was always that he scores a lot, but he doesn't do much else. And he's always injured. Thats probably what has kept him from being a prolific goal scorer in the best leagues.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah, Lennon needs to be sacked first thing Monday morning. I've seen pub sides with better defensive organization than this Celtic side.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
@Eye of Ra, how is Aron Johannsson playing in the Allsvenskan? I see he's scoring a lot of goals, but has he been playing that well?

My problem with his game was always that he scores a lot, but he doesn't do much else. And he's always injured. Thats probably what has kept him from being a prolific goal scorer in the best leagues.

i dont watch much hammarby games, but from what i heard from hammarby fans they are not really impressed with his play.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hibs just Hibs'd it :(. Also great job by the SFA's finest in missing two obvious penalties at the end of regular time, but if I'm being honest they played like shit and deserved to lose.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Zinho Vanheusden (Standard Liege) who's probably Belgium's most talented defensive prospect, suffered a pretty horrific knee injury yesterday and will miss the rest of the season.
Kid's only 21 years old and this will be his 3rd season already that's been ended months in advance because of a knee injury.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Benfica loses to near relegation level Boavista and gives up the league lead to Sporting. I still think Benfica will run away with the league. Porto are currently in shambles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad