OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVIII: Jackie Robinson West loses 8-4 to Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Cole Hamels is 30. Would be a great addition but it will be at least 3 years when the Cubs have most of the prospects up. I wouldnt mortgage significant pieces for him.

Uh, most of the Cubs elite prospects will be on the team next year.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I would like to note that I do not believe that the Cubs are that far from contention (for a wild card spot at least). In fact, with a few moves in the offseason I think they could set themselves up nicely to at least be in the discussion for a wild card spot next year.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Uh, most of the Cubs elite prospects will be on the team next year.
Bryant and Soler next year. Im not counting late season call ups. Russell and Almora are probably 2 more years away. If you want to include Schwaber and maybe CJ Edwards and possibly Black, then 3.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Bryant and Soler next year. Im not counting late season call ups. Russell and Almora are probably 2 more years away. If you want to include Schwaber and maybe CJ Edwards and possibly Black, then 3.

There aren't enough roster spots for all of those players. Next year the line up by May will be.

1. Alcantara (CF)
2. Coghlan (LF)
3. Rizzo (1B)
4. Bryant (3B)
5. Soler (RF)
6. Baez (2B)
7. Castro (SS)
8. Castillo (C)

There's 1 player on that roster that isn't a Cubs prospect, Coghlan. Its possible they move Bryant to left and Castro or Baez to third to accomodate Russell if he destroys AAA next year like he is AA this year. There's not room for 14 prospects on the roster which is why you can deal a guy like Almora, Vogelbach, McKinney, etc. Also if you're getting Cole Hamels, you can move a pitcher like CJ Edwards.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Some players will be moved for sure. Theos taking his time waiting to see who can make the next step and stay plus he can wait longer since everything is falling in place so far as far as position players go. They know they need pitching which is next up on the agenda. Should be interesting to see what hes does.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Cubs reportedly claim righty Jacob Turner off waivers.

very interesting to see this kid put on waivers. wasn't he one of the centerpiece of the Sanchez-Infante deal a few years back??

I like the Cubs getting this kid as he is only like 23-24 years old....a new team a new pitching coach, less pressure to produce from that trade...he could turn out to be solid for us.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
Cubs reportedly claim righty Jacob Turner off waivers.

very interesting to see this kid put on waivers. wasn't he one of the centerpiece of the Sanchez-Infante deal a few years back??

I like the Cubs getting this kid as he is only like 23-24 years old....a new team a new pitching coach, less pressure to produce from that trade...he could turn out to be solid for us.

Welcome to yesterday :laugh:

Just giving you a hard time AD.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
If by fine you mean a 2nd round exit

Pax/Gar with another offseason of failure

Like last big FA class when they bombed trying to draw a superstar and settled on Boozez. This year they settled on Gasol after failing

I'll take your opinion on basketball with a grain of salt

I would love to hear your opinion on the synergy of the Cavs roster though.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
They have no perimeter defenders besides Lebron. Their interior defense is putrid as well. That team will be giving up a lot of points in both the regular and post-season and is playing under a rookie coach.

Any comparisons to Lebron's Heat teams are foolhardy at best.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Lol not at all. They are already better than the heat were this past season.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
Even last season they went to the finals...

And got absolutely crushed by the Spurs? And would have been crushed by 2-3 other teams from the West?

They had a mediocre squad last season and got through the East because of the utter lack of competition. I think the Bulls roster as constructed right now (barring injury) would have represented the East last season and have a good chance of doing so this year.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Lebron is only 30 but he has a TON of minutes on that body. I wonder if he has more than 3 years as top 3 player in the league. At some point he's going to get hurt/wear down.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Cubs claimed Cole Hamels

3571m2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad