Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XLIII - Cubs trade for bullpen help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don't see the Sox moving Q in a package with the primary return being an unproven A ball player. If the Cubs call about Q, I say the discussion starts with Schwarber and if that's a no, then have a nice day and hang up.

I think the Comcast story put it well. A lot of teams need pitching and this off-season coming up there's expected to be a shortage of UFA pitchers. Thus the trade market will be quite high. If the Sox do want to consider breaking this down, and possibly moving Quintana and/or Sale - it's probably best to do it over the winter.

I don't think you can realistically expect more than that. It's a good offer.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
All this talk is pointless, IMO.

My gut feeling is that they will keep the rotation fully in tact, and attempt to retool the offense on the fly once again. They'll look to move Duke & Robertson, and maybe a couple of other pieces for position players they think can step in next year.

Full tear down won't come until after 2019, they're not going to stop trying to win until the local TV future is secured.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
If you want to be depressed a little bit, the Cubs division lead is now down to 6.5 games, which means their largest division lead has been cut in half already.

But hey - nothing to worry about here.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If you want to be depressed a little bit, the Cubs division lead is now down to 6.5 games, which means their largest division lead has been cut in half already.

But hey - nothing to worry about here.

They've been winning late in games with walk offs and late game heroics against OK teams. They're schedule gets hard coming up. I'm not concerned

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
All this talk is pointless, IMO.

My gut feeling is that they will keep the rotation fully in tact, and attempt to retool the offense on the fly once again. They'll look to move Duke & Robertson, and maybe a couple of other pieces for position players they think can step in next year.

Full tear down won't come until after 2019, they're not going to stop trying to win until the local TV future is secured.

I like that Hahn admitted they are mired in mediocrity. Unfortunately he noticed it years after most of us fans did, but hey we're finally making progress.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman · 10m10 minutes ago

Jon Heyman Retweeted Today's Knuckleball

The #WhiteSox are at least listening on offers for Sale and Quintana, with the #RedSox among many interested parties

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Just heard on the score a Rangers guy say they are making a play for Sale and the Sox want Gallow and Profar.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If the Sox do move Sale ,, It better be a haul worth it

Not prospects but young proven MLB talent

I would actually think now would be great time to move Q ,, His value has never been higher

I would rather keep him and try to retool lineup to compete in coming years though

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
If the Sox do move Sale ,, It better be a haul worth it

Not prospects but young proven MLB talent

I would actually think now would be great time to move Q ,, His value has never been higher

I would rather keep him and try to retool lineup to compete in coming years though

I would want something proven at the mlb level for either of them. And that's what Hahn pointed out is difficult to find this time of year. The teams looking to add MLB stars tend to not want to give up anything meaningful at the MLB level - because they are contending for the playoffs.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
bugs me when people play unfundamental baseball. 2 outs you're already in scoring position and you make the last out at 3rd. Cubs up 4-0 early. Fowler ripping 3 RBI

My high school buddy Zach Eflin DEALING for the phillies in Pitt.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Moncada would have to be in the deal going to Chicago, Groome too. Benintendi is listed in the article, but would think Sox would want pitching back too, Sox have some good prospects.

Red Sox, Dodgers and Rangers (Pirates to an extent) are probably the only teams who can realistically get Sale in a deal. Sox better get a haul for him. Quintana as well.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
need someone to explain to me why Montero continues to catch for this team. He doesn't hit, his defence sucks, he must call a good game idk.

of course. Point still stands though. Nice hit miggy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad