OT: Other Buffalo Sports (Bandits, Beauts, Bisons, NCAA Basketball and Football)

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Fun crowd
1000009129.jpg

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
These refs are ****ing ridiculous. Missed a blatant call against us and then called us on the other end on a borderline call.

Also Matt Vinc is still unreal with some of the things he can do.

Reactions: HOOats

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
season looked like a lost cause about half way through. Nice to see they salvaged it. Isn't Toronto the best team in the league this year? Gonna be a tough test.

The Rock did have the best record in the league, true.

However... the Bandits have so much experience and of course Byrne/Dhane offensively that it could be an interesting matchup. I can't wait to watch TSN slobbering all over the Rock for a broadcast. :laugh:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Doesn't matter because Josh Byrne exists.
He took a hard hit against the boards losing the ball but we managed to get it back and a fresh shot clock. As soon as he got the ball in his stick I said to my wife “he looks pissed from the hit, he’s about to score” and not 5 seconds later the ball was in the net.
season looked like a lost cause about half way through. Nice to see they salvaged it. Isn't Toronto the best team in the league this year? Gonna be a tough test.
Yes, Toronto is the top team but 2 of their 3 losses this year are against us. We are also 6-1 in total the this year and last year against them, including sweeping them in the playoffs last year. They are going to be feeling like they can’t beat us, especially if we win game one on Friday. If that happens, the game Sunday here will be intense and loud!

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
That atmosphere was electric. Love how Bandits games almost always feel like one big party.

Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a good team in any other sport get shafted by the refs as often as the Bandits do. Nearly every game, their opponent will get away with anywhere from 3-5 blatant penalties with the ref standing a foot away just watching the infraction happen

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
That atmosphere was electric. Love how Bandits games almost always feel like one big party.

Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a good team in any other sport get shafted by the refs as often as the Bandits do. Nearly every game, their opponent will get away with anywhere from 3-5 blatant penalties with the ref standing a foot away just watching the infraction happen
The referees for the league as a whole are bad. Last night was bad even for them between missed penalties (on both teams but more against us) and missing a clear goal and not allowing it to be challenged.

Last edited:
Reactions: kirby11

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I got an email today that my seasons were randomly selected as one to get tunnel passes for before the game on Sunday to be in the tunnel the players run out of. Unfortunately it is only 2 per account but my kids are going to be super excited to be able to go in the tunnel. My wife and I agreed it’s best to let them experience it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad