aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
k_104_lg.gif

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
@Jabroni, seems like it's only in Colorado. I thought it was all around US, guess not.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Got a nice piece of salmon I took out of the freezer last night.
What should I make, someone, preferably Auf pls respond.

Last salmon I made was garlic powder, dried basil, salt, pepper, lemon.

I'm just thinking some fresh dill and a little bit of butter and a side of rice.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

I'm just thinking some fresh dill and a little bit of butter and a side of rice.

Grind up the filet. Mix with breading and old bay. Make it in to a patty. Dress a pan with oil of choice and fry patty on both sides until golden brown. Serve on a bun of choice with romaine lettuce and tartar sauce. Plate with crab chips or crab fries.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'm seriously impressed by my family

I love everyone. Even if I hate you I still kinda find a way to like you. I get along with everyone.

And yet, they've manged to make me absolutely despise them...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Do it in parchment paper with sundered tomatoes (or regular), some garlic etc.

This is a good recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chef-johns-salmon-in-parchment/

The parchment paper wrap keeps it so moist it is unreal.

Salmon is by far one of my least favorite types of fish and I can easily say that the Salmon I had from a local restaurant that was done in the parchment paper was the best fish I have ever had.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Do it in parchment paper with sundered tomatoes (or regular), some garlic etc.

This is a good recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chef-johns-salmon-in-parchment/

The parchment paper wrap keeps it so moist it is unreal.

Salmon is by far one of my least favorite types of fish and I can easily say that the Salmon I had from a local restaurant that was done in the parchment paper was the best fish I have ever had.

Makig something very similar.
Just salt, pepper, and dill and basil. I only have frozen herbs right now tho :(((

iqexQ5W.jpg

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Started it, but then decided to leave it open. As I mentioned I had the oven on 250F. So pretty low. Was getting impatient haha

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I rarely eat seafood, but I am trying to add it into my diet for at least one meal a week. I guess during Lent, I eat tuna sandwiches on Fridays, but I need some recommendations. I had grilled salmon a few days ago at a great restaurant in MA (Legal Seafood, popular chain there apparently) and it was awesome! They served it over jasmine rice that was flavored with ginger, surrounded the rice with bok choy (never had it before) and a mango salsa on top of the fillet. I didn't eat the skin of the fillet though (not sure if I'm supposed to?).

I started off with lobster bisque which was awesome as well.

I'm a decent cook, but I make chicken 90% of the time since it's quick. I have been hesitant to make any grilled/sauteed fish. Any recommendations? I typically am turned off fish that smells too "fishy" although salmon is an exception since it has a different kind of smell to me. My aunt makes baked/breaded cod on Christmas Eve which I like though, but that's just once a year!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I rarely eat seafood, but I am trying to add it into my diet for at least one meal a week. I guess during Lent, I eat tuna sandwiches on Fridays, but I need some recommendations. I had grilled salmon a few days ago at a great restaurant in MA (Legal Seafood, popular chain there apparently) and it was awesome! They served it over jasmine rice that was flavored with ginger, surrounded the rice with bok choy (never had it before) and a mango salsa on top of the fillet. I didn't eat the skin of the fillet though (not sure if I'm supposed to?).

I started off with lobster bisque which was awesome as well.

I'm a decent cook, but I make chicken 90% of the time since it's quick. I have been hesitant to make any grilled/sauteed fish. Any recommendations? I typically am turned off fish that smells too "fishy" although salmon is an exception since it has a different kind of smell to me. My aunt makes baked/breaded cod on Christmas Eve which I like though, but that's just once a year!

My favorite soup of all time. Be aware that each cup contains like an entire stick of butter. It will make the ass-odometer kick up pretty quick.

If you like tuna, Pan seared tuna is usually a pretty good way to go. Stay away from Tilapia. It is a **** eating fish.

Grouper or Cod are usually can't miss fish as well. Not very fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad