OT: Places to buy affordable hockey equipment in Metro Vancouver

hitman9172

Sep 30, 2006
Getting back into ice hockey after 10 years. Need to buy all of the equipment except for skates, stick, and gloves. Ideally don't want to break the bank. I've been told to go to Sport Chek and see what they have on clearance. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
There's a place in Langley I used to go to all the time. Can't remember the name but I'll definitely edit this post if it comes to mind.

EDIT: Scurr got it, it was Sports Replay.

Last edited:

Roberto Lu bongo

Apr 14, 2016
I'd check out sports check, all of last years equipment will be on sale soon before all the new 16/17 gear arrives

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Sports Junkies at Broadway and Manitoba is really good, as mentioned. And it's actually in Vancouver and not like, Maple Ridge (which is basically in Kelowna)

Yeah Sports Junkie's is a 2nd hand sports shop, so a good place if you want the cheapest option for some of the equipment.

For a good boutique shop there's also Cyclone Taylor Sports on 49th and Oak. Not sure if they'd have the best price but you're far more likely to interact with staff who actually knows there stuff.

baxtefer

Aug 8, 2012
Sport Exchange on Burrard & 6th sells a lot of old stock, discontinued, sample, etc.. gear at reasonable prices. They have a massive stick selection too, including pro-stock.

Or if you want to stick with SportChek, for the next week or so you can buy SportChek gift cards for 20% off at Superstore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad