OT: Pfft Do You Even Healthy Body Transformation? (General Lounge Style Discussion)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I found I have plateaued both weight loss and working out wise, so I am going to start adding more protein to my diet and see how much of a difference that makes.

Also did deadlifts for the first time last week. Man were my hammy's sore (in a good way), and my back wasn't sore (in a bad way) so I think that my form wasn't completely terrible.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
wanted to sprint in the park for about 20 mins or so today but the humidity would have kicked my ass too hard. :laugh: Thankfully Wednesday will be a bit better weather to do that.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I found I have plateaued both weight loss and working out wise, so I am going to start adding more protein to my diet and see how much of a difference that makes.

It's possible that you need to lower your calories in order to continue to losing weight. How many calories are you currently eating and how long have you been at that level?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It's possible that you need to lower your calories in order to continue to losing weight. How many calories are you currently eating and how long have you been at that level?

I aim for about 1500 calories and do pretty good hitting that most of the time.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I hurt my back 5 weeks ago and haven't been back to the gym since (I've been feeling fine for a while now). It's been hard getting motivated to go since I'm moving this week. I'm hoping to start up again next week. I have been doing 30+ minute runs 3 or so days a week at least. What stinks is that I lost 15 pounds from Jan to April and then have been stuck around the same weight ever since (around 175). I'd like to lose another 10 or 15 pounds at some point.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Was gonna hammer out workouts up to Saturday since I'm going to MTL and use that as my only rest day, but audible called -- Thursday-Saturday rest instead since my shoulder is tight as hell and has been for a couple weeks now.

At least I got out about 4 sets of 10 reps on a new high weight for my chest yesterday. Proud of that.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
1500 is too low. 90% of males should get atleast 1800 and probably even better results at 2000. Thats likely why you're plateaued.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
1500 is too low. 90% of males should get atleast 1800 and probably even better results at 2000. Thats likely why you're plateaued.

Can you explain how that makes sense, because that sounds backwards to me.

I am not super strict about my calorie intake at this point, and by increasing my protein intake, which is 100% natural sources, increases calorie consumption by extension. I averaged 1650 calories this week, about 130 grams of protein this week and lost 2 pounds. I got off the diet a bit the last couple weeks but averaged about 1500 calories and about 60-70 grams of protein before that.

It has worked well for me so I am going to continue it for a while and see how it plays out.

I have hovered around 200 lbs for the last month or so.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can you explain how that makes sense, because that sounds backwards to me.

I am not super strict about my calorie intake at this point, and by increasing my protein intake, which is 100% natural sources, increases calorie consumption by extension. I averaged 1650 calories this week, about 130 grams of protein this week and lost 2 pounds. I got off the diet a bit the last couple weeks but averaged about 1500 calories and about 60-70 grams of protein before that.

It has worked well for me so I am going to continue it for a while and see how it plays out.

I have hovered around 200 lbs for the last month or so.

Youre about 1000 calories off.

What is your ratio? Are you going Keto? Your proteins seem good, im a 200 pounds man myself but im enclined towards performance a little more so i cycle carbs instead of cutting them altogether.

Id also advise against the weighing in to track progress. If you want I can follow up with my weight log for the past few months, youll see ridiculous weight fluctuations.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Youre about 1000 calories off.

What is your ratio? Are you going Keto? Your proteins seem good, im a 200 pounds man myself but im enclined towards performance a little more so i cycle carbs instead of cutting them altogether.

Id also advise against the weighing in to track progress. If you want I can follow up with my weight log for the past few months, youll see ridiculous weight fluctuations.

Thanks, but I'm good. I wasn't really asking for advice, just stating what I was doing.

We have very different philosophies on these things, I am just going to try different things and see what works.

Off to the gym for the first time this week, interested to see how my increased protein affects my workouts going forward.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Had a stupid idea, need to know if its actually stupid or so stupid it might work

Always been relatively skinny, like 170lbs 6'1" or so, let loose a little this winter, I'm probably up to about 200 now. Not fat or anything, just need to slim down for weddings and stuff this summer

The problem is I want to lose weight but have been having a hard time cutting down completely on food that is unhealthy.

So my thought I had that would allow me to still indulge a bit but also lose weight was to have like one big meal a day.

I work during the evenings, so I was thinking something like:

Light Breakfast (12pm): something like carrots, small smoothie, etc.

Dinner break (7pm): Chipotle burrito (big meal of the day)

Post work (12am): Bowl of spinach

All together probably comes out at around 1600 calories I would guess, with my height and weight I would burn around 3000 a day if I go for a run in the morning, walk on my break, and maybe do some exercise in my room every other night before bed. So a pretty decent calorie deficit.

Would this actually work? I realize its not gonna be the best for my metabolism, and isn't ideal, but it would probably work best for me at the moment.

Really appreciate any feedback.

vt89*

May 6, 2010
That is not a good plan. Skip the chipotle. Make your own food. Smaller portions. Otherwise you'll find yourself eating chips or burgers and fries on your coffee breaks or when you get home from work.

Eggs for breakfast. If you don't like them, find some other protein like chicken or fish.

And veggies. All the time. Cooked or raw. You can munch on carrots or celery all day.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If you go to chipotle get a bowl and skip the stuff like the sauces, sour cream, cheese, etc. Of course I wouldn't overdo it.

You can't go wrong with cooking your own food though. Ever.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I wouldn't advise eating at Chipotle, or any restaurant healthy or not, every day. That **** gets expensive.

Having said that, Chipotle is on my "approved" cheat list, their burrito bowls and salads aren't bad.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Didn't mean to imply every day, that type of portions was just my idea for a random day

Again, if you have to go to chipotle just get a bowl. I go to Mucho Burrito or Chipotle here and just get bowls with no cheese or sauces. Quick, one of the healthier options you can get when out and about.

Cook your food at home. Eat what you cook. Prep for the week. You don't need to eat 7 and 5 hours a part to lose weight. You can still eat regularly as long as you maintain a deficit.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I go to Chipotle and get 2x chicken and rice only in a bowl. It's still high in sodium. Not as healthy as eating home cooked food prepared properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad