OT: OT - NFL HFLeaf thread

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Detroit's been very impressive! Needless to say, I don't like my chances at this point but lots of football left to be played.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Feels like it’s the 49’ers taking over now.

Lions need a huge scoring drive or this game has slipped through their fingers.

No margin for error, and it feels like they’ve already blown it.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What a break for the 9ers. Turnover on downs then a boink and catch lol get em SF.

TD !
That was an incredible catch. I mean sure there was luck involved, but it also took a ton of skill to cash in on the opportunity!

I must say I'm liking my chances a LOT better now, go Niners!

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
At least people can't blame analytics. I'd like MJ to say on air that this is why you can't rely on feel for the game. Analytics matter. Jeff would lose it on air

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Was really hoping the Lions could have pulled it off… that dropped pass on 4th and short when they could have gotten a field goal was the turning point.

Should be a good matchup with the Niners and Chiefs

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Coach cost the Lions the game.
Not taking the 3 and eating a timeout so you have to rely on an onside kick is just brutal decision making.

I know he’s big on the analytics, cost them.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Was really hoping the Lions could have pulled it off… that dropped pass on 4th and short when they could have gotten a field goal was the turning point.

Should be a good matchup with the Niners and Chiefs
That wasn't the only one either, there were so many. In general, SF caught the passes, DET didn't and that was the ballgame. The game was there for the taking but it seemed like lack of experience did them in as their nerves got the better of them. That second half was reminiscent of the Leafs blowing a 3 goal load in the 3rd in game 7, just brutal. I feel bad for Detroit fans, they were so close.

Coach cost the Lions the game.
Not taking the 3 and eating a timeout so you have to rely on an onside kick is just brutal decision making.

I know he’s big on the analytics, cost them.
Take the 3 and they still lose maybe 9 times out of 10 in that spot as the damage had been done already. Blaming the coach is pretty silly IMO considering how many passes their receivers dropped that were relatively easy catches.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
That wasn't the only one either, there were so many. In general, SF caught the passes, DET didn't and that was the ballgame. The game was there for the taking but it seemed like lack of experience did them in as their nerves got the better of them. That second half was reminiscent of the Leafs blowing a 3 goal load in the 3rd in game 7, just brutal. I feel bad for Detroit fans, they were so close.

Take the 3 and they still lose maybe 9 times out of 10 in that spot as the damage had been done already. Blaming the coach is pretty silly IMO considering how many passes their receivers dropped that were relatively easy catches.
Coach blew it twice on 4th down.

The first was incredibly unnecessary. Up by 14, moving the ball well, defence playing well. Instead of going up by 17, messed the 4th down and gave SF life.

Receiver’s dropping passes is a sign that they were jarred by the turn of events and tried to do too much before actually catching the ball.

2nd 4th down, kick the damn FG and the game is tied after they scored, but nope.

Lions lost this game because of their coach’s penchants for risks.

@ACC1224: Campbell or Tomlin?

Death by freezing (Tomlin) or by burning (Campbell)?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Coach blew it twice on 4th down.

The first was incredibly unnecessary. Up by 14, moving the ball well, defence playing well. Instead of going up by 17, messed the 4th down and gave SF life.

Receiver’s dropping passes is a sign that they were jarred by the turn of events and tried to do too much before actually catching the ball.

2nd 4th down, kick the damn FG and the game is tied after they scored, but nope.

Lions lost this game because of their coach’s penchants for risks.

@ACC1224: Campbell or Tomlin?

Death by freezing (Tomlin) or by burning (Campbell)?
Also the run at the goal line which forced them to burn a timeout? Just brutal coaching

I’d like to think Tomlin wouldn’t make those mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad