OT: More points this season-- Crosby or McDavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Without a Howl

97% Mumps Free
Jan 25, 2013
this is actually a really interesting question, kudos to OP.

it's a tough call, i'm really not sure. mcdavid is looking better than even his biggest fans thought he would be doing this early. there was supposed to be more of a learning curve for him than crosby had. crosby was just built to dominate right from the get go. on one hand i cant see an 18 year old winning the scoring title but i think mcdavid is such a smart hockey player that i see him getting a lot better as the year goes on. trying to recall, did sid hit any big slumps in his first season? i dont think he went more than like 2 maybe 3 games without a point, iirc.

one thing i have found really impressive about connor aside from the obvious hands and skating is how he positions himself on the ice. he's done an amazing job at setting little picks on the ice or subtle interference plays or putting himself in a position next to a defender where the defender can't really cover him effectively. i'm not explaining it well but it's there.

sid looks pretty lifeless out there, and the stats for his past ~50 games or so are pretty underwhelming... i think he's averaging under a ppg over that span. though i think ultimately though they will can johnston and get a new coach to wake this team up.... i think in the end sid will end up with more points.

but again great question OP.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know if you're trying to be funny, or you meant to reply under a different username, but either way I peed myself

ArcticFox

Nov 2, 2010
I like how everyone genuinely believes Crosby will ever be good again.
I voted McDavid: MJ is a coach that doesn't belong in the big league and Sid's either trying too hard and not playing smart or just phoning it in. 50-50 which one you get in each period.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

it's a tough call, i'm really not sure. mcdavid is looking better than even his biggest fans thought he would be doing this early. there was supposed to be more of a learning curve for him than crosby had. crosby was just built to dominate right from the get go. on one hand i cant see an 18 year old winning the scoring title but i think mcdavid is such a smart hockey player that i see him getting a lot better as the year goes on. trying to recall, did sid hit any big slumps in his first season? i dont think he went more than like 2 maybe 3 games without a point, iirc.

one thing i have found really impressive about connor aside from the obvious hands and skating is how he positions himself on the ice. he's done an amazing job at setting little picks on the ice or subtle interference plays or putting himself in a position next to a defender where the defender can't really cover him effectively. i'm not explaining it well but it's there.

sid looks pretty lifeless out there, and the stats for his past ~50 games or so are pretty underwhelming... i think he's averaging under a ppg over that span. though i think ultimately though they will can johnston and get a new coach to wake this team up.... i think in the end sid will end up with more points.

Wait did you just say kudos to yourself? I think you just gave away that you have multiple accounts on here.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Pens have won 6 of the last 7.. could care less about Crosby's statistical output as long as they keey winning

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

Someone forgot which account they were signed in on.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
How I feel when TTEOT posts another thread about Crosby:
Lloyd-Christmas-Cry-and-Gag-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Great post. This is exactly how i feel when TTEOT post too!. We're so in sync!

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Before the season started I thought Sid would have a great year. I put down 100 for him. That's not looking too good right now, haha.

And I had McDavid finishing with 70 points.

So I had a 30 point gap. I suspect that will be much closer. I would still put Sid ahead, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Sid definitely has the better talent around him. What McDavid is doing with Pouliot and Yakupov, two very mediocre players, (I don't care where he was drafted at) is amazing so far. Yeah, Sid was carrying an anchor around, if that stays off his neck, he should start seeing more points. Let's hope.

I don't think it will be long, maybe a year or two, before McDavid is the best player in the league.

I agree with you on Yakupov. Never thought too much of him.

Good eye td.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So does TTEOT have multiple accounts and forgot which one he was on or does he have multiple personality disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad